A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:08:50 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New tools for hackers  (Read 6011 times)
dbacks fan
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:24:09 am »

I didn't think that this belonged in the Weiner Gate Politics area so I put it here. A co-worker sent me this article yesterday on internet security and how easy it is to hack passwords.

"Think that your eight-character password consisting of lowercase characters, uppercase characters and a sprinkling of numbers is strong enough to protect you from a brute force attack?

Think again!"

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/cheap-gpus-are-rendering-strong-passwords-useless/13125?tag=nl.e539

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:26:13 pm »

WoW- Hardly pays to  get a strong password, if someone wants it they will get it. Make the password to too strong and your likely to forget it yourself or  lose the paper you wrote the password on, or lock yourself out. That was intresting but it didn't really surprise me.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:28:13 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 02:16:56 pm »

WoW- Hardly pays to  get a strong password, if someone wants it they will get it. Make the password to too strong and your likely to forget it yourself or  lose the paper you wrote the password on, or lock yourself out. That was intresting but it didn't really surprise me.

Shouldn't bother you though, two passwords to remember is small enough for anyone to manage.

google
library...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 10:32:24 am »

Rump's "cyber czar" gets pwn3d

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/12/05/rudy-giulianis-typo-became-an-anti-trump-message-he-blamed-twitter-this-atlanta-man-pranked-him

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 10:52:58 am »

Owns an internet security company, doesn't understand the internet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org