A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:03:05 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Tulsa Drillers are really good  (Read 1827 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 01, 2011, 07:35:29 am »

I know that many of you like to go out to a ballgame. You go for the crowd, the atmosphere, the food, or just a nice inexpensive night out.

But this year, you also get to see a pretty good local team.

They are tied for first place and are filled with prospects. Included in this team are the Colorado Rockies 2008 first round pick Pitcher Christian Friedrich and 2009 first round pick Centerfielder Tim Wheeler. Wheeler is leading the Texas League in many offensive categories including Home runs (14) and RBI (45). Wheeler leads the league in runs batted in despite batting lead-off. He is tall and fast and has 9 stolen bases already this year.

My favorite player on this year's roster is Catcher Wilin Rosario. He was leading the league in home runs last year with 19 while batting .342 when he went down with an injury but has fully recovered and plays amazing defense. Opposing team runners don't run on him.

I also like first baseman Ben Paulson. He was the 3rd round pick for the Rockies in 2009 and plays great defense. Already called up to the majors is Juan Nicasio who dominated the Texas League with 63 strikeouts in 56.2 innings and won his first major League start with seven innings with no earned runs. Left fielder Scott Beerer is hitting .338 and second baseman James Cesario is batting .329.

Go see this team. My company is a sponsor of Thursday's game with the first 1,000 fans getting a reusable tote bag and it is also Thirsty Thursday with one dollar beers and soft drinks. Friday night is fireworks night.

Power is nothing till you use it.
BaltimorePoke
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:13:16 am »

And that is without even mentioning Hector Gomez even though he is having a miserable year.

I've been to a couple of games already.  The Rockies farm system is loaded with talent and we are enjoying that talent here in Tulsa.  A lot of these guys will be in the Show in a couple of years.  Rosario for sure.  Beere is my favorite player and that may or may not have anything to do with his name.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 10:43:46 am »

Gomez is hitting near the Mendoza line, but he sure has an arm on him. If the first baseman ever misses the ball thrown by him at shortstop, someone in section 102 is going to get hurt.

I heard that he throws harder than Troy Tulowitski (the best shortstop ever to play in Tulsa). 

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org