A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:16:33 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Justice.  (Read 13897 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 03:00:35 pm »

And the rumors have it that this was the same gang the had robbed him before.  I am pretty sure that I would react more strongly the second time something like this had happened to me, especially if I recognized one or more of the participants.

So much info unavailable.

That's the other part we discussed over dinner.  Perhaps the DA took into account the previous robberies and that could have formed a basis for pre-meditation: more or less Erslund was simply lying in wait for the next time it happened.  It's entirely possible he was simply fed up and decided he was going to take matters into his own hands next time it happened.  It happened, and he got his opportunity to finally kill a robber in his place of business.

I would like to know what the jury instructions were and I'd like to know how Prater framed the mitigating circumstances to get a jury to return a first degree murder conviction.  FMC's dad says if Erslund is smart, he will claim ineffective counsel and irregularities on the part of the DA in the charges filed.

Curious what charges he might have faced had he simply killed the kid with one shot, but the kid was un-armed.  Technically, the kid he shot posed no imminent bodily danger to Erslund or anyone else in the pharmacy.  The other one was the gunman.  I'd also like to know if the gunman was ever identified and charged with murder since he was in commission of a felony when his partner was murdered er manslaughtered.  There's been charges filed under similar circumstances in other cases.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:04:40 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 03:02:45 pm »

I'd also like to know if the gunman was ever identified and charged with murder since he was in commission of a felony when his partner was murdered.  

I wondered that too.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 08:12:58 pm »

There were two others involved, both tried and convicted of murder 1.  Or maybe one convicted and one pending...can't remember the details since have only paid attention to the main show.  I don't think sentencing has occurred yet.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org