A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:42:12 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andolini's Cherry Street  (Read 16547 times)
MidTownLifer
« on: May 13, 2011, 10:36:11 pm »

Thanks Andolini's Cherry Street - tonight we had the ultimate first impression! 40 minute wait morphed into an entertaining time watching the guys spin and toss the dough, engage the crowd, and one of the waiters swung by to get a drink order for us to lubricate our wait. Our waitress was top-notch and so was the food (garlic knots, 16 inch pizza 1/2 Athenian and 1/2 S.P.Q.R.). So happy to have you in the neighborhood and MAJOR kudos to the staff. What an excellent first experience.

We are huge Hideaway fans and this place in no way replaces it, but it's an excellent addition to the neighborhood. In fact, its interior is the best match for Cherry Street IMHO of all other new places in the past five years.

BTW - FRESH ingredients through and through. No microwaves, no freezer ...

Back to the interior - pressed tin ceiling, antiqued back wall with American flag, distressed paint scrapings, overhead you'll hear music from the 80s / 70s / 50s.

Family friendly - if you have to wait for a table, and there's room to hang out by the pizza tossers, they do an amazing job of engaging the kids (and kids-at-heart) by showing off their tossing skills. They'll even toss the dough to the kids. The kids have to keep the dough instead of tossing back - you know, keep it all within the health code standards.

And for anyone out there who has ever enjoyed the beer of McSorley's bar in NYC in the village - you'll know that the beer comes out in two glasses (1/2 sized) at a time. THAT is how they serve the McSorley's beer at Andolini's!

Hurrah for this place. Great staff, great management, the pizza was very tasty. We will go back soon. Thankfully tomorrow is the Full Moon Run and we can at least get rid of some of tonight's damage.
Quinton
Activist

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 03:21:25 pm »

If it is as good as it is in Owasso it is fantastic.

Liberalism is a mental disorder
allspunout
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:28:32 am »

so....it's open?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:42:31 am »

so....it's open?

It opened last week.  I haven't been but considering it's at most a 5 min. walk from my house I'll be going soon.

BaltimorePoke
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:20 pm »

If it is as good as it is in Owasso it is fantastic.

I agree.  We love Andolini's.  I have not had a chance to go to the Cherry Street location, but everytime I drive by during lunch, it's packed. 
rdj
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 01:59:14 pm »

One of their cooks (at least that was his story and he was wearing one of their Cherry St shirts) came to my door asking to do some odds & ends in exchange for money last night.  I didn't have any cash in the house, which isn't rare BTW, but I'm going to make myself feel better by eating there this week.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »

The food in Owasso is GREAT. The service sucks but most resturant service in Owasso sucks because the teenagers working there apparently have better things to do than take care of their tables. There are a few exceptions but they are truly exceptions.

Andolinis has a salad with some hot walnut(I I think) in it that is outstanding.

I haven't had anything there I haven't liked and will try the Cherry St location to see how much better it tastes when I'm not frustrated with the service.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 01:18:08 pm »

Ate here on Sunday.  A pretty decent crowd for Sunday afternoon on Cherry St.  Service was good, not great, but it's a pizza joint so I don't expect the service to be 5-star quality.

The pizza was very good.  We got one with 4 or 5 meats.  Even though it was a small, my wife and I could barely eat half.  The crust had a good char on the bottom and it held up well the load of toppins we had on our pizza (although it was still a knife and fork job).

It looked like they had over 20 beers on tap, with a pretty good variety (4 Marshalls!).  I did not look at the wine list, but from the bottles out at the bar it appeared the selection was small.  The large wooden bar has what looks to be several interesting wood carvings.  It looks old and not a reproduction.

The exposed brick walls, tin ceiling and large windows makes for a great atmosphere.  It is a great addition to Cherry St. and I will definitely go back.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 02:52:27 pm »

(4 Marshalls!). 
Hmm..I think I know where I'm going next time I get a craving for not-delivery pizza.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 02:53:36 pm »

4 Marshalls ought to become the new rating system on TNF.  Instead of stars, a place gets Marshalls.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 02:58:17 pm »

4 Marshalls ought to become the new rating system on TNF.  Instead of stars, a place gets Marshalls.
The problem is that there are restaurants that are reasonably tasty but lack Marshalls. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm assuming the lack of Marshalls at many eating establishments is for want of a liquor license and not for some other reason..

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 03:09:32 pm »

second
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 03:26:33 pm »

The problem is that there are restaurants that are reasonably tasty but lack Marshalls. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm assuming the lack of Marshalls at many eating establishments is for want of a liquor license and not for some other reason..

For the ones with a liquor license, it appears to be either ignorance or a lack of taste.  There was a valid excuse on space when it was only bombers and kegs.  Now that they have 12 oz. bottles on the staple brews, there's really no excuse not to carry it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 08:35:07 am »

We went last night for a friend's birthday.

Service was excellent and the food was good.  Our waitress was training and was doing a great job.  (the trainer creeped me the hell out.  That's all I have to say about that.)

It won't be my last time in.  I'll need to schedule extra time on the treadmill for it though.

Great add for Cherry Street.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 08:38:12 am »

What is the price point?  How does it compare to Hideaway, Joe Momma's or Umbertos on price for a family?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org