A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:31:45 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brady Tavern  (Read 16047 times)
tulsagrrl
« on: May 13, 2011, 09:30:39 pm »

Where one can go to have a nice dinner with a nice atmosphere amongst a few of Tulsa’s own beloved local and international celebs. Tonight I spotted ‘Everything-he-touches-turns-to-gold Blake Ewing’ and Mr. Isaac Hanson during one lovely evening out with my family at the Brady Tavern.

Raise your glasses all - Vive le downtown (and midtown) Tulsa!
rdj
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:30:39 pm »

I prefer to refer to him as "Money Makin' Blake".

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:44:58 pm »

"Bringin' Home the Blakon"
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:20:39 pm »

Topic shift: Blake Ewing -> Brady Tavern.  This place is great!  First thing I had was the fish and chips. It is pricy, but I was pleased that it was no McNelly's fish and chips - it was the goods, nice citrus and herb compliment.  The burgers are great (I think half price after 9:00 BTW)  The fries at this place are shoe string style with rosemary and garlic seasoning.  Bar tender that always seems to be there is excellent - confirmed knowledgeable in both beers and scotches.  His tastes agree with mine and he is honest and descriptive of the products.  It costs too much, BUT it is executed very well.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 01:15:46 pm »

Sundays at the Brady Tavern= Fried Chicken dinners....absoulutly fabulous! Chicken was done right, gray n bisquiets were excellent, cheese grits were mind blowing, peas were great. A+!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 01:49:29 pm »

Sundays at the Brady Tavern= Fried Chicken dinners....absoulutly fabulous! Chicken was done right, gray n bisquiets were excellent, cheese grits were mind blowing, peas were great. A+!

New chef?
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 03:46:28 pm »

I visited soon after they opened and thought it was top notch.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 07:47:23 pm »

I visited soon after they opened and thought it was top notch.

Same here.  Changed chefs and it suffered.  I understand there's been another change or two.  I hope so.  The mac & cheese was addictive in the beginning then...not so much.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:09 pm »

the improvements must have happened quickly.  I was there 3 Sundays ago and the chicken was overcooked,  the gravy was okay, the biscuits  were abysmal, so bad that I complained.  Considering how long it took to get the meal they could of cooked fresh biscuits.   Mine was overcooked, crumbly, dry and pretty tasteless and cold to boot.   

I was shocked because I have had several really good meals at Brady Tavern.  I really like the burger and they have a couple of brunch items I have enjoyed.  If Red Lobster can put out fresh hot drop biscuits then they should be able to do the same.  If not then they need to look at the RL methods in order to improve their current method. 

I don't usually complain too much but I did this time not only to the waitress but also to a person who came by and asked how the meal was.   I will continue to go for the meals that I have liked but the chicken,  forget it.  I am glad to know that others have enjoyed this particular dish. 

I thought the cheese grits were boring btw, they could use more cheese.   

If your there for brunch and order the Croque Monsieur hang on to your hats, that was a great dish.   

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 07:55:59 am »

Recently I went to the Main Street Tavern in Broken Arrow, I have to say that hands down this was one of the best meals I have had in quite some time, the service was great, the fresh (yes they make their own) mozzarella cheese sticks were amazing, the mac and cheese(combo of a few cheeses, baked) was the best I had ever eaten and the meatloaf sliders were so moist I don't know if I can eat a burger anymore! I would recommend going earch if your going on the weekends, we arrived at 5:30pm and didn't have a wait, we left about 6:30(yes the service and meal we fast to the table so we could make our movie) there was a line of people out the front door..its right across from the Angus Inn....

It hands down beats any tavern food that the Mcnellie's group offers anywhere in Tulsa...they should go for a visit and get some tips from them....

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/58/1589516/restaurant/Tulsa/Main-Street-Tavern-Broken-Arrow
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 10:37:25 pm »

Recently I went to the Main Street Tavern in Broken Arrow, I have to say that hands down this was one of the best meals I have had in quite some time, the service was great, the fresh (yes they make their own) mozzarella cheese sticks were amazing, the mac and cheese(combo of a few cheeses, baked) was the best I had ever eaten and the meatloaf sliders were so moist I don't know if I can eat a burger anymore! I would recommend going earch if your going on the weekends, we arrived at 5:30pm and didn't have a wait, we left about 6:30(yes the service and meal we fast to the table so we could make our movie) there was a line of people out the front door..its right across from the Angus Inn....

It hands down beats any tavern food that the Mcnellie's group offers anywhere in Tulsa...they should go for a visit and get some tips from them....

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/58/1589516/restaurant/Tulsa/Main-Street-Tavern-Broken-Arrow

I'm sure folks on the  BrokenArrowNow forum would be really interested in this...

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »

Good, stay in BA.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 10:47:43 pm »

Meatloaf sliders? Just does'nt sound that great.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 11:21:21 am »

Meatloaf sliders? Just does'nt sound that great.

Eeeewww

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 11:31:41 am »

Eeeewww

The item on the left, however...(surely this is a picture from the Bat Outta Hell video).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org