A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:14:41 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You go Blake!  (Read 20904 times)
JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 12:17:53 pm »

Somehow I remember reading that Owen Park? & Crosbie Heights? wanted to be in District 4 (not 1)....... any updates?

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
rdj
City Father

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 01:16:53 pm »

Those maps are not finalized yet.  Some of the proposals for the new districts do move Owen Park & Crosbie Heights into district 4.  This was because of those neighborhoods potential and link-ability with downtown.  As a resident of Reservoir Hill I would love for district 4 to include Brady Heights & Reservoir Hill.  But, that is a pipe dream.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, 02:34:20 pm »

Those maps are not finalized yet.  Some of the proposals for the new districts do move Owen Park & Crosbie Heights into district 4.  This was because of those neighborhoods potential and link-ability with downtown.  As a resident of Reservoir Hill I would love for district 4 to include Brady Heights & Reservoir Hill.  But, that is a pipe dream.

So for now, you and Hometown are stuck with Henderson.  Poor guys.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 02:40:07 pm »

oy
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 03:06:28 pm »

I hear he sneaks around peoples gardens at night to make sure their tomato plants are actually tomatoes.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 03:20:31 pm »

I hear he sneaks around peoples gardens at night to make sure their tomato plants are actually tomatoes.

I busted him trying to light a rolled asparagus once.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 03:46:09 pm »

Can't find Grizzles awesome Henderson picture. . .

The one where he's sneaking?

Help.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 08:48:04 am »

My favorite Henderson sightings are related.  First, after the Gateway Market opened he would just hang out around the entrance making sure everyone saw him.  Second, about three months ago I saw him at the Wal*Mart Neighborhood Market on 21st & Yale.  He saw me, recognized me and ducked for cover behind the photo scanning machine.

Me being me, I went around and stuck out my hand and said hello.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 09:03:39 pm »

My favorite Henderson sightings are related.  First, after the Gateway Market opened he would just hang out around the entrance making sure everyone saw him.  Second, about three months ago I saw him at the Wal*Mart Neighborhood Market on 21st & Yale.  He saw me, recognized me and ducked for cover behind the photo scanning machine.

Me being me, I went around and stuck out my hand and said hello.

This is hilarious.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I sure do appreciate your support.

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2011, 06:30:14 am »

This is hilarious.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I sure do appreciate your support.

I love to see entrepreneurs get into politics.  They tend to bring that same spirit back to the people they represent and that's the kind of thing that Dist 4 needs more of!

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 01:22:47 pm »

Looks like Blake is waiting for the last minute. Doesn't appear he has registered yet.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20110713_262_0_Sevenm84585

Current candidates for District 4:
Maria Barnes, 50, Democrat, incumbent
Ken Brune, 65, Democrat, attorney
Rocky Frisco, 73, Republican, musician
Liz Hunt, 39, Republican, public relations consultant
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 03:05:16 pm »

new blog post with info about campaign kick-off:
http://blakeewing.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/july-13th-and-so-it-begins/

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org