A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:44:28 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You go Blake!  (Read 20906 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 02:20:42 pm »

He's got my vote.

As for business interests:  it has to be case-by-case.  I'm not into blindly voting in every corporate tool that comes down the pike.  But I am for folks who've demonstrated that their business(es) exist in part to make their home city a better place. 

The folks who run their businesses solely for the betterment of their own bottom lines -- while perfectly within the way we like to define "doing business" -- will not get my vote for anything. They have nothing good to offer the public interest.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 02:22:42 pm »

I will volunteer and/or donate, as I have said I would, but I'm 2 blocks outside of the district so I can't vote for the man without fraud...  :l

Unqualified support from me.

Oh, and checckout the website!

Classy website!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 05:26:05 pm »

http://www.newson6.com/story/14602001/downtown-business-owner-to-run-for-tulsa-city-councilor
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 06:17:49 pm »

I think it is outstanding when people who post/participate in here actually try to make a difference by running for office. Sgrizzle comes to mind.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 06:56:41 pm »

I think it is outstanding when people who post/participate in here actually try to make a difference by running for office. Sgrizzle comes to mind.

I am going to run for office soon. I just need to find one that pays a whole lot or has opportunities for making some extra money from my insider knowledge. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 07:16:45 pm »

I am going to run for office soon. I just need to find one that pays a whole lot or has opportunities for making some extra money from my insider knowledge. 

Boy, the things I could say in response to that. Cheesy

I forgot to add spouses of posters/participants of TNF.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 07:25:08 pm »

I like the fact that his website has being on the Tulsa Now board member as one of his accomplishments.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 08:19:39 pm »

Yeah, but luckily Blake didn't say "Hey, there are already two very well funded party candidates, let make it a three way!"

Rough days...

Blake will likely have no issue in the primaries and put Maria down in the general, unless she pulls some big $$$ which she has done in the past.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26:35 pm »

Yeah, but luckily Blake didn't say "Hey, there are already two very well funded party candidates, let make it a three way!"

Rough days...

Blake will likely have no issue in the primaries and put Maria down in the general, unless she pulls some big $$$ which she has done in the past.

What accomplishments does Maria have to go back to her base and say: "Look what I did!"?

None that I'm aware of.  I think most D-4 constituents would agree.  Last time I saw her was when she came to a Lortondale or Hoover meeting when she was campaigning.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »

The fact that you took those two on, despite knowing how well funded they were, means a lot in my mind.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »

What accomplishments does Maria have to go back to her base and say: "Look what I did!"?

None that I'm aware of.  I think most D-4 constituents would agree.  Last time I saw her was when she came to a Lortondale or Hoover meeting when she was campaigning.

I've seen her at a couple of events. Her behavior was not professional either time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 08:52:28 pm »

I've seen her at a couple of events. Her behavior was not professional either time.

I've heard her husband is even worse.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
inteller
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 09:20:10 pm »

i have high hopes for him but those are out the door if it is shown he takes money from the CoC PAC or other crony PACs....or gets campaign HQ donated to him from the crony real estate bloc.

Blake, you have a fresh perspective, just don't become a stoogy for the midtown elite....that didn't work out too well for the last stoogy.

I hope Liz Wright runs again....she could bounce the wayward Dora out in the primary.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 07:07:51 am »

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 08:20:17 am »

Shocked

LMAO

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org