A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:34:01 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 132298 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2015, 07:28:21 pm »

I can't care enough to make those out either.  I'm guessing one or two cell phone stores and a nail place.

Massage Envy and the pizza place I linked earlier.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2015, 07:32:33 pm »

They could have at least had the decency to give it a new name when they totally reformatted it.  ;-)

The Total Waste of Space @ Tulsa Hills
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2015, 06:24:36 pm »

Walk to your car @ Tulsa Hills
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2015, 07:09:43 am »

Drive box to box @ Tulsa slight elevation increase.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2015, 07:17:54 am »

Drive box to box @ Tulsa slight elevation increase.

In Tulsa, Hills are mountains so slight elevation increases are hills.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2015, 07:18:52 am »

In Tulsa, Hills are mountains so slight elevation increases are hills.

And Deweys are mayors. Touche.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2015, 09:26:14 am »

Walk to your car @ Tulsa Hills
The Shoppes at Tulsa Drives
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2015, 11:13:37 am »

Stop being so mean guys, they have the name correct... they just have to abbreviate it to fit onto signs and in general conversation. The full name is:

"[There is way more asphalt than we anticipate every really needing so there will never be a requirement or really the ability ditch the car and enjoy] The Walk at Tulsa Hills."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2015, 07:36:40 pm »

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/texas-roadhouse-could-come-tulsa-hills/nnLbx/
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2015, 06:56:56 am »

Could?
brettakins
Activist

« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2015, 12:36:08 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/walk-at-tulsa-hills-to-get-more-tenants-before-completion/article_6d522cb2-0570-5138-a632-f34fcb51ff79.html

Development on the Walk at Tulsa Hills shopping center should wrap up by next summer, but developer The Parkes Cos. still has some surprises in store.
In addition to the long-planned, 20,000-square-foot multitenant building that has already started construction, Gary Parkes, executive vice president of the Franklin, Tennessee-based Parkes Cos., said they’ve got a parcel of land under contract for one last standalone building that will most likely be a restaurant.
“The tenant’s proceeding forward with the project and intends to announce soon,” Parkes said.
Should the project proceed without delays, it should be ready in the summer of 2016.
As for the multitenant building, which was announced with the rest of the original tenants of the shopping center south of 81st Street at U.S. 75, all the space has been leased, Parkes said.
The tenants of the new building are retail and restaurants, Parkes said, but he declined to name them. That structure is expected to be completed by the spring.
The only other building at the shopping center still under construction is the Carmike Theater, which is now getting furniture and fixtures installed.
Jim Zehr, director of real estate and construction for Carmike Cinemas, told the Tulsa World in August that the company hoped to open the 12-screen theater by Christmas, but the planned opening date will be a little later.
“Right now we’re shooting for sometime in January,” he said. “I’ll have a better idea of when next week.”
One six-auditorium wing of the theater will feature five auditoriums with leather-style electric recliners and a “BIGD” room, which is Carmike’s premium large-format concept. The “BIGD” auditorium will have seating for about 500, Zehr said, and a wall-to-wall screen that is 70 feet wide.
The final buildings will join the collection of other free-standing buildings already in the shopping center, including Gander Mountain, Chuy’s, Freddie’s Frozen Custard and Aldi.
Parkes said his company would love to continue development, but they’ve run out of room at The Walk.
“We’ve been very happy with it,” he said. “It’s been a great project, and we got a strong reception from the public.”
Tenants at The Walk at Tulsa Hills have reported strong sales, including Andrew Hester, a manager at Chuy’s.
“We’ve been open for three months, and it couldn’t be going better,” he said.
The area is heavily trafficked — approximately 35,300 cars go by the intersection of U.S. 75 and 81st Street per day, according to an analysis by the Indian Nation Council of Governments. By comparison, between 30,200 and 37,800 cars go by Woodland Hills Mall each day.
Performance has been so strong at The Walk, in fact, that The Parkes Cos. is actively seeking out multiple new development projects in the Tulsa area, Parkes said. The Walk at Tulsa Hills is the company’s first in Tulsa.
The Walk at Tulsa Hills has no relation to Tulsa Hills, immediately to the north. The bulk of that development is owned by Inland American Real Estate Trust of Oak Brook, Illinois.
]
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2015, 12:47:57 pm »

Two things...

"the BigD room"...really?  What kind of theater is this?

also...they've "run out of room."  They could develop some of the parking lots.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2015, 11:13:32 pm »

Doesn't the downtown theater already have a Big D room?

#couldntpassitup
#sometimesIm12
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2015, 09:04:12 am »

...they've "run out of room."  They could develop some of the parking lots.

Sarah Kobos had a great piece on wasted space as "parking." I drove by the 71st corridor, the Warren Theater, and Tulsa Hills on Black Friday. Warren Theater had a parking lot that was 75% full, and led the pack. Most parking lots were 60% full, including Tulsa Hills. If you aren't full on Black Friday, then when would you possibly need all that parking?

A few days later ran into someone who was out shopping at Tulsa Hills and complained about parking - when I asked what they meant, she said that when she was going from Target to Dicks' sporting goods she had to park so far away she "may as well have just left my car at Target." The Target and Dick's are two doors down from each other... she also drove to Best Buy and then a lunch place, all at "the Walk."  But somehow she manages to walk all around Woodland Hills Mall?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2015, 09:36:39 am »

I try to avoid Tulsa Hills at all costs during peak shopping times, that place has one of the very worst traffic flow designs I’ve ever seen.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org