A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:54:07 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 132367 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2014, 10:56:19 am »

OKLAHOMA CITY - Woodland Hills Mall owner Simon Property Group is planning to a build a new upscale outlet mall in west Tulsa, a company official said Tuesday.

The new mall will be near U.S. 75 and West 61st Street, said Robert Alexander, senior vice president of leasing for the mall portfolio of Simon. He was speaking during the International Council of Shopping Centers Oklahoma Idea Exchange at the Skirvin Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City.

The premium outlet division of Simon is leading the development. No groundbreaking has happened yet but leasing is already under way, Alexander added.

"Our outlet group is bullish on the market," he said. "We think it'll be great for the city of Tulsa. The government and (Tulsa Regional) Chamber have been great to work with.”

He did not give financial details nor square footage. Simon Property Group is focusing on premium outlet development, with $1.7 billion worth of projects under way globally.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/new-upscale-outlet-mall-planned-for-west-tulsa/article_d0d515f2-2a8c-5a73-bcc6-45b82337244e.html

I suspect this is off the NE corner of 61st & Hwy 75 where they cleared off quite a bit of land last year.  I hate to see pristine wilderness disappear like this.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2014, 11:11:15 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/new-upscale-outlet-mall-planned-for-west-tulsa/article_d0d515f2-2a8c-5a73-bcc6-45b82337244e.html

I suspect this is off the NE corner of 61st & Hwy 75 where they cleared off quite a bit of land last year.  I hate to see pristine wilderness disappear like this.

Wow. Big news. Worth it's own thread.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2014, 12:29:08 pm »

Wow. Big news. Worth it's own thread.

Agreed. This is super and totally serial.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2014, 01:38:48 pm »

"Upscale" outlets!  Woo Hooo!  5% off $150 jeans!
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2014, 01:57:03 pm »

"Upscale" outlets!  Woo Hooo!  5% off $150 jeans!

yup.  oxymoronic.   we couldn't sell this the first time around..   let's try selling it in an "outlet"
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2014, 01:58:30 pm »

I'd rather someone put some effort into Promenade mall.
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2014, 08:15:54 am »

yup.  oxymoronic.   we couldn't sell this the first time around..   let's try selling it in an "outlet"

Upscale just means nicer stores.  They will still have some pretty good discounts.  It just means you might see a Coach store, instead of a Discount Handbags store.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2014, 08:44:06 am »

Upscale just means nicer stores.  They will still have some pretty good discounts.  It just means you might see a Coach store, instead of a Discount Handbags store.

I’ve never noticed great discounts at outlet stores, then again, I’m not a frequent shopper.  Maybe I’ve just missed them when I’ve strolled through.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2014, 09:00:29 am »

I’ve never noticed great discounts at outlet stores, then again, I’m not a frequent shopper.  Maybe I’ve just missed them when I’ve strolled through.

They also manufacture second rate products just for the outlets. It’s like looking at Nike shoes at Dick’s vs Shoe Carnival, they may both stock Nike shoes, but they don’t stock  the same actual shoes at all, the Shoe Carnival stuff are just Nike branded knockoffs. I do this all the time with my son when I don’t want to spend $125 on a pair of shoes that he will outgrow in four months. I make him go to the discount places but the shoes are never really the right thing and he’s never happy with what he finds there.

Anymore, we skip the discount stores, look at what Dick’s has and he find the $125 shoe he wants and then I buy that exact shoe for 30% off online somewhere. A couple of weeks ago I did that with him, and we found the shoes he wanted at Dicks and then found them for cheaper online and had them shipped.  The online store where we found the shoes with a price I was ok with paying? Dicks, with free shipping.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2014, 09:08:05 am »

I bought my wife a knockoff Coach purse. It was a "Couch" purse.

It looked great and matched the living room furniture.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2014, 09:55:57 am »

They also manufacture second rate products just for the outlets. It’s like looking at Nike shoes at Dick’s vs Shoe Carnival, they may both stock Nike shoes, but they don’t stock  the same actual shoes at all, the Shoe Carnival stuff are just Nike branded knockoffs. I do this all the time with my son when I don’t want to spend $125 on a pair of shoes that he will outgrow in four months. I make him go to the discount places but the shoes are never really the right thing and he’s never happy with what he finds there.

Anymore, we skip the discount stores, look at what Dick’s has and he find the $125 shoe he wants and then I buy that exact shoe for 30% off online somewhere. A couple of weeks ago I did that with him, and we found the shoes he wanted at Dicks and then found them for cheaper online and had them shipped.  The online store where we found the shoes with a price I was ok with paying? Dicks, with free shipping.

That’s awesome!  As a bonus, the city and state still get their sales tax from Dick's.

I’ve read or been told before that brand name detergents have several formulas.  The one they sell to deep discounters has more filler and less soap and surfactants.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2014, 11:36:24 am »

I bought my wife a knockoff Coach purse. It was a "Couch" purse.
It looked great and matched the living room furniture.

Was there a potato in it?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

That’s awesome!  As a bonus, the city and state still get their sales tax from Dick's.

I’ve read or been told before that brand name detergents have several formulas.  The one they sell to deep discounters has more filler and less soap and surfactants.

Interesting.

So you can buy the same 128 ounces or whatever of detergent but the fill line on the cup is different because of the amount of filler?  I have also heard but never verified that Wal-Mart has special sizes of products that are slightly smaller than what is offered to other stores so that they can sell items at a seemingly even lower price.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2014, 12:16:50 pm »

Interesting.

So you can buy the same 128 ounces or whatever of detergent but the fill line on the cup is different because of the amount of filler?  I have also heard but never verified that Wal-Mart has special sizes of products that are slightly smaller than what is offered to other stores so that they can sell items at a seemingly even lower price.

Shenanigans, I say, shenanigans!

rdj
City Father

« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2014, 02:06:43 pm »

Carmike Cinema, Chuy's, Gander Mtn. and more for The Walk at Tulsa Hills

Developers for the long-delayed Walk at Tulsa Hills, a $32.5 million, 155,000 square-foot retail center under construction south of Tulsa Hills at 81st Street and U.S. 75, announced a slew of upcoming tenants at the development's official groundbreaking Wednesday.

They include a 12-screen Carmike Cinema, Chuy's Mexican restaurant, a 45,000 square-foot Gander Mtn. outdoor store, a Mathis Brothers Sleep Center, an Aldi grocery and a Freddie's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers were all announced by Gary Parkes, executive vice president of developer Parkes Development Group.

Parkes said the center is now 90 percent occupied, though the additional tenants would be announced at a later date.

Construction of the freestanding Gander Mtn. would begin first in the upcoming weeks with an expected completion date of spring 2015, Parkes said. The rest of the center will follow shortly behind, with other tenants opening up through the spring, summer and fall.

The Walk at Tulsa Hills has no relation to Tulsa Hills, the bulk of which is owned by Inland American Real Estate Trust of Oak Brook, Illinois.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/carmike-cinema-chuy-s-gander-mtn-and-more-for-the/article_08c873f5-8e8f-5278-96af-732260108764.html

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org