A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:53:57 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 132387 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 07:40:41 am »

Why would a southie ever go to a place with "walk" in its name?

Seems like the The "Park" at Tulsa Hills would be a more popular name.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2013, 10:46:20 pm »

Why would a southie ever go to a place with "walk" in its name?

Seems like the The "Park" at Tulsa Hills would be a more popular name.

I believe the plans were for it to have pedestrian connections to the neighborhood.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 09:20:21 am »

I believe the plans were for it to have pedestrian connections to the neighborhood.

Bet those connections will get worn out quickly from all of the foot traffic.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 10:24:35 am »

Bet those connections will get worn out quickly from all of the foot traffic.

I think there was also a golf cart path. No bike path though. No-one bicycles anywhere.
saintnicster
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2013, 11:20:12 am »

I think there was also a golf cart path. No bike path though. No-one bicycles anywhere.
"I eat because I'm depressed, and I'm depressed because I eat"
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2013, 01:47:28 pm »

"I eat because I'm depressed, and I'm depressed because I eat"

"Get in mah bellay!!!"

Ok, back on topic.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »

Is there anything planned for this "walk" portion that will spice up and salvage the collection of boxes that make up the rest of TH from being the bland mass that it is?  i.e.  is their anything "cool/ special" coming that would turn this into a little destination to attract others to visit as opposed to just some place for basic shopping and eating in the SW area of town.

Has it been totally committed/ leased or are the developers struggling to find quality tenants?  New folks would like to know the truth...thanks.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2013, 10:46:24 am »

TH is like McDonalds. You only go there for speed, convenience and consistency. Those are powerful (and necessary) retail centers when those criteria apply and are met. When I have the money, the time and the patience, I go to midtown or downtown.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2013, 11:59:48 am »

TH is like McDonalds. You only go there for speed, convenience and consistency. Those are powerful (and necessary) retail centers when those criteria apply and are met. When I have the money, the time and the patience, I go to midtown or downtown.

I'm going to have to throw in price too.
Our furnace / air conditioning filter is a 4" thick one that lasts a lot longer than the 1" think ones but the list price is about $50.  Lowe's at TH (but not the one in Bixby by us) usually has them for about $33.  Since I am often at the airport, a quick diversion to TH is not a problem.

Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:22 pm »

Understood.  All of these basic centers are just catering to and meeting basic needs.  I read that TH is financially successful.  However, one could wish and hold out hope for something more than the standard fare.  I just would like to see something with a little more flare round out the development, but NBD if it dosen't happen.  

It always amazes me that developers of these centers target their proposals as upper end destination places but if and when they come to be, the offerings are no different than the typical stuff that exists elsewhere.  I guess it's just marketing, you have to create buzz and product appeal.  The new BA development will likely be more of the same and perhaps more of a challenge since most of the standard big boxes are already in relatively new spaces near by.  Developers are always closed lipped until the last minute on annoucing retailers, and they have their reasons for doing so. But, I've yet to hear of a game changing retailer signed to the BA center that will join the new theater.  
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2013, 02:08:21 pm »

It helps that these big box guys are bonafides. They advertise well, they attract other retailers and they know about contracts. Smaller entrepreneurial types and novel concepts are risky. If we know anything about Tulsa out south it's that change and risk is anathema.

onward...through the fog
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2013, 04:03:23 pm »

I wouldn't suggest anything entrepreneurial or risky for ST, far from it.  Just some other things that aren't everywhere else, so one might have a reason to go there if one doesn't reside in the area.  Why not a different sporting good store or home goods store per se?

I guess this is why downtown and midtown need to continue efforts for more progressive development to make Tulsa more unique.  Perhpas what developers for suburban projects here are not realizing is that in a lot of cities, 'burbs are upping their game with more creative development by incorporating more urbanism concepts (which has actually been going on for a while).  Just opting to stick with the same 60's - 90's strip center concept or throw up a box anywhere, oh well.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2014, 08:22:54 am »

Anyone know.... if they are still breaking ground this month?     
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2014, 10:27:31 am »

Looks like Aldi will be going in.  When will this growing area of SW Tulsa get its first full service grocery store?  Will the south side of Tulsa Hills eventually have one?

http://www.tmapc.org/Documents/Agendas/05-21-14/Z-7164-SP-1.pdf

bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2014, 10:29:04 am »

Looks like Aldi will be going in.  When will this growing area of SW Tulsa get its first full service grocery store?  Will the south side of Tulsa Hills eventually have one?

http://www.tmapc.org/Documents/Agendas/05-21-14/Z-7164-SP-1.pdf

Nothing says "destination" shopping like Aldi.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org