A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:04:26 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 132542 times)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 02:25:38 pm »

FYI: This is "Main Event" - http://www.mainevent.com/

Best I could gather from being at the Dist 2 meeting on Tuesday, they want to put it at 81st & Union.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 03:21:08 pm »

Incredible Pizza for adults. 

I would like to request that we not have my birthday party there.

Thanks.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 01:24:45 pm »

Are there still plans to put a gym in this new shopping center?  The old link to the The Walk website appears to be gone, is there a new link to the plans, with a map of locations (stores)?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 01:50:32 pm »

Here is the old map:
http://garrettmoorecompany.com/files/WALK_site_plan_colored_10_03_10.pdf
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 04:12:22 pm »

Thanks.  Really hope the Planet Fitness makes it there.  Or any gym, really.  That would be a very convenient location for me.

And it's super cool that the development has a clock tower.  Hopefully it doesn't get struck by lightening.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 05:09:28 pm »

Thanks.  Really hope the Planet Fitness makes it there.  Or any gym, really.  That would be a very convenient location for me.

And it's super cool that the development has a clock tower.  Hopefully it doesn't get struck by lightening.

Shouldn't be an issue as long as it's less than 1.21 gigawatts.   Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 01:53:29 am »

Or an unstable person with a rifle.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 08:56:47 am »

Meh.....not impressed.

Would like it much more if there were a central parking garage that could be designed not to be an eyesore so that people would be forced to park there and then actually walk in The Walk at Tulsa Hills to do their shopping. There would of course need to be handicapped parking spots available near the stores, but centralized parking would be far more preferable, at least in my opinion.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 08:44:11 pm »

Meh.....not impressed.

Would like it much more if there were a central parking garage that could be designed not to be an eyesore so that people would be forced to park there and then actually walk in The Walk at Tulsa Hills to do their shopping. There would of course need to be handicapped parking spots available near the stores, but centralized parking would be far more preferable, at least in my opinion.

We can't get parking garages downtown, hard to justify one in the back country.

This is a shopping center for people from Jenks, Glenpool, Sapulpa and West Tulsa. They would be excited about walkability as horse parking.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 03:15:09 pm »

We can't get parking garages downtown, hard to justify one in the back country.

This is a shopping center for people from Jenks, Glenpool, Sapulpa and West Tulsa. They would be excited about walkability as horse parking.

I don't get it.  More parking lot, more walkability, especially when it's full and you have to park in the back!  Grin

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 05:22:58 pm »

I don't get it.  More parking lot, more walkability, especially when it's full and you have to park in the back!  Grin

1 block of surface parking is what, $250k?
1 block of parking garage comes it at about $12M
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 09:23:04 pm »

1 block of surface parking is what, $250k?
1 block of parking garage comes it at about $12M

How many stories for $12M?  How many parking spots per acre compared to surface only parking? 

Suburban malls have "free" parking built into the prices of goods bought there.  Can downtown businesses subsidize parking to attract business?  Artist?

You will get me downtown when you offer something I want that I cannot get in suburbia.  I object to paying for parking (I know there is presently free parking after hours downtown) on principal since there is no other realistic way to get downtown other than to drive but if "you" have something I  really want that I cannot get elsewhere, I'll be there.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 10:43:06 pm »

I read once that surface spaces run about $6,000 each and structured are about $10,000 and underground is about $12,000 each.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 11:10:41 am »

I read once that surface spaces run about $6,000 each and structured are about $10,000 and underground is about $12,000 each.

I would say that surface at about $4-6K is reasonable depending upon the amenities and that stuctured at $10 requires good efficiencies and little appearence enchancement.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 10:29:10 pm »

Underground is closer to $20,000, and goes up quite a bit the further underground you go.  Excavation and dewatering (if below the water table) gets expensive.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org