A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:43:38 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 132888 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2015, 01:49:03 pm »

What development more than 50,000 ft hasn't said it was the next Utica Square in the last however many years?  Hell, the strip mall developments in OKC do it.  Classen Curve was supposed to be the new modern Utica Sq.

My personal favorite was the Super Target development at 101st and Memorial as the next Utica.  One mediocre stacked stone strip center, three cell phone stores, a discount mattress store and Radio Shack fronting a Super Target and a car dealership.

Solid.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2015, 02:02:09 pm »

My personal favorite was the Super Target development at 101st and Memorial as the next Utica.  One mediocre stacked stone strip center, three cell phone stores, a discount mattress store and Radio Shack fronting a Super Target and a car dealership.

Solid.

That was the one Inteller was going to sue over.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2015, 02:31:11 pm »

What development more than 50,000 ft hasn't said it was the next Utica Square in the last however many years?  Hell, the strip mall developments in OKC do it.  Classen Curve was supposed to be the new modern Utica Sq.

Yeah, they always say it but it never turns out that way.  Classen Curve isn't as bad as suburban strip malls, but it's not in the suburbs.  Nothing south of I-44 is going to be anything other than suburban strip malls except that some might use fancier looking materials and maybe with a restaurant that uses the word "Wine Bar" to make it feel upscale when it's not.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2015, 02:33:15 pm »

That was the one Inteller was going to sue over.

He was going to force the city to turn his neighborhood into a gated community because the development didn't meet the high standards of all the car lots on that part of Memorial. That was so much fun.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2015, 04:51:47 pm »

That brings back the memories of the time I was a guest of a client at the Bixby Chamber of Commerce monthly luncheon.  They had a former local politician turned "retail attraction consultant" at the podium encouraging Bixby residents to strip up trouble among Tulsans about that Super Target aka Bumgarner development.  They wanted it to be on the other side of the street so the sales tax would go to Bixby.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:17:53 am by rdj » Logged

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2015, 10:24:39 am »

No gym here, as of now?

That makes me sad.  And fat.   Undecided
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2015, 09:02:30 am »

No gym here, as of now?

If I think about the Site Plan.... I don't think there is enough room available now for a gym.   
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2015, 09:19:41 am »

No gym here, as of now?

Walking is good exercise.  I am sure "The Walk at Tulsa Hills" is a wonderful, exciting, and engaging place to walk, with lots of interesting architecture to look at, good people watching, great surprising things to discover around every corner, sidewalk cafe's full of people, markets, flower and food stalls, imaginative and beautiful window displays, live music, people enjoying the parks, museums, public art, fountains, etc. etc. I bet you can just walk for miles and miles before you even realize it.

Oh, wait, thats what you find everyday walking in a real city, not in suburban sprawl.  So sorry, was mislead for a moment by the name of the place.   

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2015, 03:33:01 pm »

Any new maps of the layout?  Where it appears they are building stuff, I don't think that fit the layout of any of the previous plans I saw.  Thinking that amphitheater and stream are going to be tiny.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2015, 03:59:15 pm »

Any new maps of the layout?  Where it appears they are building stuff, I don't think that fit the layout of any of the previous plans I saw.  Thinking that amphitheater and stream are going to be tiny.

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2015, 04:33:54 pm »

Is that Texas Roadhouse confirmed?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2015, 08:36:36 pm »

Is that Texas Roadhouse confirmed?

I got this from Loopnet, so I would assume so.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2015, 08:54:46 pm »

That looks so sad
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2015, 06:56:28 am »

Where will people park?

I think this should be called the "The Trek at Tulsa Hills"
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2015, 09:01:27 am »

I'm all for walkability and good planning. I'm also all for a second Chuy's that I may be able to get into in under an hour on a friday.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org