A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:39:35 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Oil crashes 10 percent in record rout"  (Read 11259 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 10:03:11 am »

Yeah it should happen that way but it didn't. Obama shut down drilling in the Gulf and the next day gasoline was up 10 cents a gallon. Was that just by chance? I have my doubts.

Speculators.  That's all it is.  They drive the price and have far too much control over the industry.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 10:51:53 am »

Surprisre~ The QT stores just hiked their pump prices to $3.75 a gallon, at least the store on Sheridan & Adm. did, I'd guess all the QT stores should be up to $3.75 by now. That means all other stations will follow and match it or pass it. Roll Eyes

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 11:10:01 am »

Surprisre~ The QT stores just hiked their pump prices to $3.75 a gallon,

No surprise.  See my earlier post about expecting the price to jump a dime or so.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 01:18:23 pm »

Glad I used my 35c/gal discount at Reasors yesterday. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »

Surprisre~ The QT stores just hiked their pump prices to $3.75 a gallon, at least the store on Sheridan & Adm. did, I'd guess all the QT stores should be up to $3.75 by now. That means all other stations will follow and match it or pass it. Roll Eyes

Quit driving that 8mpg clunker of a truck then...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 09:43:34 am »

Fuel dipped to $3.69 this morn. They said the price of Gasoline & oil crashed Wednesday, it fell so fast that they had to stop trading till the market cooled down.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 09:47:41 am »

Fuel dipped to $3.69 this morn. They said the price of Gasoline & oil crashed Wednesday, it fell so fast that they had to stop trading till the market cooled down.

I wouldn't exactly call a 4 dollar dip in crude oil in a day 'crashing'.

dbacks fan
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:27 am »

From CNBC: "Cramer, on the other hand, takes a different view.

"It's empirically demonstrated that a penny change in a currency should not produce a 5 percent decline in oil," he argued, adding there is an oil glut.

Prices spiraled lower after U.S. inventory data showed an unexpected build in stockpiles. There has long been a glut in oil, but Cramer said the hedge funds only realized it when margin requirements were raised.

"This is a margin squeeze," he said.

Cramer thinks the spot market should be much higher, but it's controlled by the futures market, which is "completely phony." The increased margin requirements are fixing that, he suggested."

Also from the article was the market essentially dropped because of the easing of the flooding and it's threat to slowdown production or stop it completely is diminishing. So yes you had speculators driving the price up on the gamble the Mississippi river flooding was going to shut down refineries and deplete the existing stock piles.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42994665/

And gasoline is currently being traded at ~$3.03/gallon.

http://data.cnbc.com/quotes/RBCV1

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:21:00 am by dbacks fan » Logged
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 12:06:53 pm »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908//vp/42999308#42999308

Rachel hits it out of the park!

http://www.politicsplus.org/blog/?p=4803

Boehner Lied About Oil Subsidies (what a puss)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org