A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:34:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kung Fu Kitchen  (Read 6975 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: April 26, 2011, 03:48:11 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 8720 E. 21st Street

Date/Time of Visit: 5:30 pm Monday April 25th

Quality of Food (1-5): 5

Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5

Quality of Service (1-5): 4

Atmosphere (1-5): 3

Overall Rating (1-5): 5

Price ($-$$$$$): $

What makes this restaurant unique: Very affordable and high quality Asian food.

Excellent variety of dishes all prepared one by one in front of you. My kids love the dinners with beef and string beans or mixed vegetables. Most carry-out type Asian restaurants add way too many onions and peppers to save money while still offering big portions.

The cheese wontons are wonderful hot out of the fryer. I will get a two dozen of them with a cup of sweet and sour sauce for potluck meals for $11 and people rave about them. 

Tell us about your experience: It really is way better than any of the other similar choices. I have tried Panda Express, Egg Roll Express, Wok Wok and others. The food is dramatically better here.

The family dinners are around $7 a person and are enough for leftovers.

The Chicken Wings with garlic sauce are my favorite appetizer and you get 8 for $4.25. I usually get the kids either the steamed dumplings (8 for $4.25) or the 30 fried baby
shrimp for $3.95.

For entrees we usually share a combination of Kung Po Chicken, Sesame Chicken, Shrimp with Lobster sauce, or Szechuan Beef. They each sell for around $5 or $7 for the dinner portion with egg roll. We also really like their Lo Mein noodles.

Power is nothing till you use it.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 05:25:15 pm »

I've noticed that place.  But there never seems to be many cars there when I have drove by, that made me leery to stop in to give them a try.   

Trust but verify
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:33:49 pm »

Most carry-out type Asian restaurants add way too many onions and peppers to save money while still offering big portions.

Have you seen the price of bell peppers lately?  I doubt they are saving any money using peppers.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 05:46:08 pm »

Have you seen the price of bell peppers lately?  I doubt they are saving any money using peppers.

I paid $1.40 for a green bell pepper yesterday. The red ones are almost a buck more.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:48:32 pm »

I see in the Reasor's ad that they have them on sale for 99 cents each.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:50:18 pm »

I see in the Reasor's ad that they have them on sale for 99 cents each.

I'll have to stop by Reasor's and get some.  I like sliced pepper as part of my veggie serving at lunch.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 09:05:48 am »

Now when you say made right in front of you, are saying they start cooking the food as you order it ?
Because my favorite place out here in B.A. Lucky Chef closed down a few years back. You paid a little bit more but there was no comparison when it came to taste to the others that you mentioned.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 09:45:20 am »

I don't know how much prep work is done.

I watch the guy through the glass counter make each dish in a separate pan and I watch them put the wontons directly in the fryer when ordered.

There is a guy further back who is constantly preparing noodles, chopping vegetables, or cooking rice.

It is not very fast, but I call in orders to 918 830 7777.

They also let you get your own fortune cookies. If my fortune sucks, I get another. I only wished this worked in other parts of my life.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org