A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:17:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Psychosis  (Read 87477 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »

Only took 2 1/2 years to do what Bush wouldn't do for 7 years.  That is the bottom line.

There you go Conan. This idiot proves my entire point, without even using "satire".

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2011, 01:01:56 pm »

Certainly you misspoke.  There isn't and never was Al Qaeda in Iraq or other associated terrorists.
Sure there was, just not until after Hussein was no longer around to suppress them.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2011, 01:34:44 pm »

There you go Conan. This idiot proves my entire point, without even using "satire".

My tongue was bleeding from biting it after heir's comment.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2011, 01:42:49 pm »

My tongue was bleeding from biting it after heir's comment.

That'll lern ya.  Grin And btw, I know most everyone is appreciative of the SEALs, I just wish I would read more about them than about how Obama/Bush. Articles like these is what sorta set me off.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/02/bin-laden-death-reax-the-shameless-and-stupid/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: May 03, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »

I'm a little weary already of the pats on the back to POTUS Bush for this as well.  Yes, I recognize it took a team to make this happen as well as executive policies which have been in place since the Bush days, but the honest truth is, those who deserve the biggest credit of all were those who went in on Sunday and carried out the mission.  I also don't get real lathered up about the "My, Me, I" video with POTUS Obama Sunday night.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2011, 02:07:09 pm »

...but the honest truth is, those who deserve the biggest credit of all were those who went in on Sunday and carried out the mission.  I also don't get real lathered up about the "My, Me, I" video with POTUS Obama Sunday night.
Sadly, we may never get to see the faces, much less know the names, of those that actually risked their lives to deliver AMERICA this victory. I hope I am wrong.

As for Obama's speech, I had no problem with it at all.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2011, 02:17:30 pm »

Is this really what Fox is presenting relative to the OBL situation, or is Mediamatters being stupid again?

http://mediamatters.org/research/201105030016

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2011, 02:17:44 pm »

Sadly, we may never get to see the faces, much less know the names, of those that actually risked their lives to deliver AMERICA this victory. I hope I am wrong.

They have to know they are appreciated.  I doubt we will ever know or it may be many years in the future.  To reveal their identities would make them instant targets.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2011, 02:28:09 pm »

Yes. The most civil your tongue has ever appeared. Smiley
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2011, 02:29:04 pm »

Is this really what Fox is presenting relative to the OBL situation, or is Mediamatters being stupid again?

http://mediamatters.org/research/201105030016

There are some on the far right claiming this, but I highly doubt you'll hear it from any of the pols. Not to mention, I'm sure some of the Rs on the intel committees have seen the pictures/video of the ambush.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:30:47 pm by Nik » Logged
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2011, 03:03:59 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzy_hnllrg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Anblew Brightfart gets his due....
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2011, 07:33:13 pm »

Sometimes the truth hurts, doesn't it?  Hence the pain in bitten tongue....

The difference is that Obama told Paneta to go after Bin Laden.  While Bush got on national television and said he didn't think it mattered if we got Bin Laden and he didn't really care if we did or not.  Several times.

Not to mention that he went away to the wrong country to 'not look for' Bin Laden.

Well, that's what happens on the steady diet of 'magic Kool Aid'.  Maybe if they didn't overdo the Kool Aid they could remember what the rest of the world has seen and not sound so derivative (RWRE script) and out of touch. 

That's gotta be how Mark Levin metabolizes his daily dose of Murdochiabread - he's a lawyer!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2011, 08:16:54 pm »

Anblew Brightfart gets his due....

Bill Mahr, now there's a nice, center of the road, balanced....left hand wingnut.  He has as much credibility with me as the Fox news guys do with you.  I watched him long ago on HBO but tired of his politics. 

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »

Bill Mahr, now there's a nice, center of the road, balanced....left hand wingnut. 
He's not really a leftist. He's more anti-Republican at the moment. Before our most recent war in Iraq, he was clearly more little l libertarian than anything else.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2011, 09:53:13 pm »

He's not really a leftist. He's more anti-Republican at the moment. Before our most recent war in Iraq, he was clearly more little l libertarian than anything else.

Nope. He's this guy:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org