A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:32:47 pm
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Psychosis  (Read 88005 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2011, 03:44:40 pm »

back on topic....

* 647403.jpg (31.16 KB - downloaded 307 times.)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »

Figures that aox would give all the credit to Obama and none to the SEALs who actually risked their lives and carried out the mission.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2011, 05:31:37 pm »

Figures that aox would give all the credit to Obama and none to the SEALs who actually risked their lives and carried out the mission.

Another example of mass psychosis....thanks Guido for proving up. Where is "no credit"

Our Navy SEALS deserve huge appreciation. They followed their orders and carried out the operation close to perfect.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2011, 05:47:09 pm »

Figures that your playmates would try to give more credit to Bush than Obama.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2011, 06:15:11 pm »

Figures that your playmates would try to give more credit to Bush than Obama.

Care to explain who my playmates are?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2011, 06:16:31 pm »

Another example of mass psychosis....thanks Guido for proving up. Where is "no credit"

Our Navy SEALS deserve huge appreciation. They followed their orders and carried out the operation close to perfect.

Where was the appreciation for the SEALs in your stupid pic. The way I saw it, the only person taking credit was Obama.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2011, 06:35:58 pm »

Saw this FB as a repost. Something to think about (not the slap):

Let's be clear on this: OBAMA did NOT kill Bin Laden. An American soldier, who Obama just a few weeks ago was debating on whether or not to PAY did. Obama just happened to be the one in office when our soldiers finally found Bin Laden and took him out. This is NOT an Obama victory, but an AMERICAN victory!

I will give Obama points for his decision not to nuke Osama's site from orbit, and risk never knowing for sure if we got him, and having our best/bravest go in there to identify and personally take him out.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »

It just floors me that people that he said HE did it.  Listen to his address again from last night.  He thanked those involved, from the intelligence gatherers to the foot soldiers performing the op to Director Pineta.

During this time especially it floors me to see people harping on something he never said.

I'm sure others have said it was his responsibility.  He was on watch, the CIC, he issued the order.  Intelligence and hard work of those that preceded him were just as responsible.  But make no mistake.  We took our eye off the ball from 03-09.  Only one person to blame for that mishap.  I'd have to think had we not gone into Iraq then Bush would be the one taking the credit for this.

And yes, I am also well aware of what the prisoners we had at Gitmo contributed to this op.  Does it mean rendering is still within the Geneva Accords?  I'll let those better suited make that decision.

So, people who are posting these incessant stupid posts on FB, remember this ... you can't fix stupid.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2011, 08:36:32 pm »

Saw this FB as a repost. Something to think about (not the slap):

I will give Obama points for his decision not to nuke Osama's site from orbit, and risk never knowing for sure if we got him, and having our best/bravest go in there to identify and personally take him out.

Would you be so wishy washy if a Republican had pulled the trigger on this op?  Seriously.  Talk about damning with faint praise.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2011, 08:51:17 pm »

Would you be so wishy washy if a Republican had pulled the trigger on this op?  Seriously.  Talk about damning with faint praise.

In this moment where the guy who was instrumental in killing 3,000 Americans gets whacked, you are concerned about whom to give credit? I think I was one of the first that praised Obama's presidential appearance last night and how he gave complete props. Now, you and the forum cop comes in b!tching at me about it. What's the matter with you people?

And by the way, I am impressed that you were able to give full credit to Obama for "pull[ing] the trigger on this op" while in the same post thoroughly ignore the SEALs who actually finished bin Laden off. How about ripping TTC for posting a pic where Obama presumptively takes sole credit for the success instead of coming after me? You are despicable.  

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2011, 09:12:01 pm »

And by the way, I am impressed that you were able to give full credit to Obama for "pull[ing] the trigger on this op" while in the same post thoroughly ignore the SEALs who actually finished bin Laden off. How about ripping TTC for posting a pic where Obama presumptively takes sole credit for the success instead of coming after me? You are despicable.  

That's an absurd argument.  Sorry.  Me no play.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2011, 10:12:26 pm »

In this moment where the guy who was instrumental in killing 3,000 Americans gets whacked, you are concerned about whom to give credit? I think I was one of the first that praised Obama's presidential appearance last night and how he gave complete props. Now, you and the forum cop comes in b!tching at me about it. What's the matter with you people?

Come on and lighten up a little.  It's just a photoshopped humor piece, satire never hurts especially with the sense of relief a lot of people are feeling today.  I don't think anyone on here has ignored the fine job the brave SEALs did.  Yes I've caught some stupid comments online elsewhere by people who make it sound like President Obama flew in and shot Bin Laden himself, but I really don't think that's what wevus was getting at.  He's perfectly welcome to defend himself, I just figured I'd help tone down the rhetoric a little.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:14:05 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2011, 10:16:49 pm »

We took our eye off the ball from 03-09.  Only one person to blame for that mishap. 

Who? Rummy? Cheney? Rove? Murdoch? Colonel Sanders? The Dark Hand?

(Seriously: great post, I agree with the points you made.  I didn't catch him trying to make it a "me" moment either and I believe he actually did have some praise for President Bush and those before him).

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2011, 10:18:47 pm »

Who? Rummy? Cheney? Rove? Murdoch? Colonel Sanders? The Dark Hand?

(Seriously: great post, I agree with the points you made.  I didn't catch him trying to make it a "me" moment either and I believe he actually did have some praise for President Bush and those before him).

I would tend to agree since he mentioned that Bush was one of the first people he called after they got the confirmation that he was in the 'dirt nap' status...oh wait, 'fish nap'?  You get my point.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2011, 11:02:45 pm »

I would tend to agree since he mentioned that Bush was one of the first people he called after they got the confirmation that he was in the 'dirt nap' status...oh wait, 'fish nap'?  You get my point.

Shark bait.  I used to fish with bacon...wait you don't think...?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org