A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:44:06 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Psychosis  (Read 86611 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 09:36:41 am »

So again, abortion pre-emptively eliminates potential future drains on our society from the lower class.  Cheaper to kill the poor and neglected instead of giving them a fair shot at the American dream.  How fiscally conservative!

That's a fair trade I guess.

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

Women with family incomes less than $15,000 obtain 28.7% of all abortions; Women with family incomes between $15,000 and $29,999 obtain 19.5%; Women with family incomes between $30,000 and $59,999 obtain 38.0%; Women with family incomes over $60,000 obtain 13.8% .

Income is only part of wanting to have a kid.  If you don't want a child, you don't want a child.  Haven't you heard its the parents that are the problem?  So load up on some unwanted kids and help the situation.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:39:03 am by CharlieSheen » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 10:04:21 am »

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

Women with family incomes less than $15,000 obtain 28.7% of all abortions; Women with family incomes between $15,000 and $29,999 obtain 19.5%; Women with family incomes between $30,000 and $59,999 obtain 38.0%; Women with family incomes over $60,000 obtain 13.8% .

Income is only part of wanting to have a kid.  If you don't want a child, you don't want a child.  Haven't you heard its the parents that are the problem?  So load up on some unwanted kids and help the situation.

And nearly 1/2 of abortions are to women with less than $30K per year total family income.  Close to a third fall into the "poverty" zone.  Thanks for confirming my point with stats.

Act responsibly in the first place and you aren't forced into a situation where you have to make a difficult decision like getting an abortion.  I really don't care to be burdened by other's careless sexual proclivities, regardless of the outcome.  I'm doing my part.  When I was done having kids I made sure I can no longer contribute to the gene pool.  I'm sure there are those of you on here who are glad for that.  Grin

The Libertarian in me doesn't want the government legislating morality.  The Libertarian in me is what makes me think that if a woman wishes to use abortion as birth control, she should pay for it not the state or Federal government.  I didn't expect the government to pay for me to have a vasectomy.  As a personal decision, abortion is not a choice I'd personally make.  But if a woman wants that service, I'm glad she can obtain it legally and safely.  

My whole point in the first place was really nothing more than making an ironic statement.  I don't think anyone puts much thought into who these unborn fetuses are or would be.  

I have read where liberal thinkers have literally thought of abortion as being acceptable population control.  I guess if abortion results in fewer liberals it's not all bad then, eh?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:07:12 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 10:19:00 am »

Nobody is in favor of more abortions.

I always wondered why the right had it so in for Planned Parenthood. The vast majority of their work wasn't abortions; it was birth control.

I would think most would be in favor of birth control, especially when income is also a factor. Babies are expensive.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:30 am »

And nearly 1/2 of abortions are to women with less than $30K per year total family income.  Close to a third fall into the "poverty" zone.  Thanks for confirming my point with stats.

Yeah.. 48.2 percent are under 30k and 51.8 is above 30k.  Now, you are correct that isn't 48.2 percent of the population.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

This says that 31.7 % are below 30k a year.  That is a 16.5% differential.  However, that is skewed by teenagers I believe.  We really need income and age together in the same setting to determine the age/income effects.

Who's having abortions (age)?
52% of women obtaining abortions in the U.S. are younger than 25: Women aged 20-24 obtain 32% of all abortions; Teenagers obtain 20% and girls under 15 account for 1.2%.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:27 am »

In some parts of the country, abortions are far more common amongst minorities.  Nearly one half of all abortions in NYC are black women.  Estimates say nearly 2/3 of black pregnancies are terminated in NYC.  I'd say that's pretty disproportionate, wouldn't you?

I love how they've managed to find a PC term for abortion, it's now an "induced termination".  That makes it better.

(CBS/AP)  In a noticeable departure from strict Catholic dogma decrying abortion no matter what, New York's Archbishop Timothy Dolan called together religious leaders Thursday and asked everyone to work with each other to make abortion "rare."

Dolan's called for the gathering in light of a New York City Department of Health report (PDF) stating that induced terminations ended about 41 percent of the 214,454 reported pregnancies in the city last year.

Nationally, the number of pregnancies that ended in induced terminations was about 24 percent of the total in 2006, the most recent year reported by the Centers for Disease Control, which keeps thorough statistics on pregnancy outcomes nationwide.

While the 87,273 abortions reported in 2009 in New York City are down from the 10-year high of 94,466 reported in 1999, religious leaders say the number is still too high.

The New York Times reports that Dolan said the practice is unlikely to end but that it was important 'to tell people what is happening."

The Wall Street Journal reports that the religious leaders also criticized public schools sex education programs that include condom distribution.

The Health Department report points out some obvious places for religious leaders to start.

Teenage pregnancies and abortions are down from previous years, but women aged 20 to 24 had more than one out of every four induced pregnancy terminations performed in the city last year, which has been about the rate for the last decade.

African-American women had about half of all induced pregnancy terminations, and Hispanic women represented about one quarter of the total, which is in disproportion to their respective representation in the overall population.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/07/national/main7222625.shtml

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:22:53 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 11:11:37 am »

I am for freedom. No good patriot is against the right to choose an abortion, the right to use a condom for protected sex, and the right to drop a morning after pill. Wink

Custonox, why are you against sex?

And what's with all the stats? Who give's a frozen embryo....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 11:23:48 am »

All I know is I'm glad my mother was pro-life.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 11:29:12 am »

Back on subject. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/25/birthers.obama.hawaii/index.html?hpt=C1

Another investigation proves that President Obama is a natural born citizen!

So now can we focus on his leadership and drop the who's your daddy conspiracy?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:50 am »

All this time, I just knew you were a mistake! Tongue
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 12:11:23 pm »

I am for freedom. No good patriot is against the right to choose an abortion, the right to use a condom for protected sex, and the right to drop a morning after pill. Wink

Custonox, why are you against sex?

And what's with all the stats? Who give's a frozen embryo....
Who said I was against sex?  I was just pointing out that the line of logic can be followed to the point of saying that refusing to have sex is a form of birth control and therefore could construed to mean that it is killing babies.  At some point a line must be drawn on what is acceptable and what is not.  This is what is at the heart of the argument.  I don't think anyone on here would consider it right to allow a mother to kill a baby the moment it's born because she doesn't want to raise it, but at what point does it become a baby that is a crime to prevent it's future?  We still charge people for double homicide/manslaughter when they kill a pregnant woman.  So the debate isn't if abortion is right or wrong, but at what point preventing/taking a life becomes wrong.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2011, 12:14:53 pm »

Back on subject. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/25/birthers.obama.hawaii/index.html?hpt=C1

Another investigation proves that President Obama is a natural born citizen!

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Drfr40TDfmM0
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 01:14:26 pm »

Ask the hairpiece.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2011, 03:19:38 pm »

Ask the hairpiece.

I am fairly certain that Trump's hair was not borne here!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2011, 03:32:04 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RFtM2sB-kk[/youtube]

and the beat goes on....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2011, 04:45:43 pm »

All this time, I just knew you were a mistake! Tongue

Accident not mistake  Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org