A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:28:16 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Shower Head  (Read 4319 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: April 20, 2011, 12:11:49 pm »

We officially have 2 years (from March 4th) to comply with the new EPA Shower Head Standards.  Shower heads by definition may only use a maximum of 2.5 gallons of water a minute, even if a multiple head shower nozzle system is installed. 

I'm sure you will still be able to purchase wonderful shower heads, they will just be marketed as "decorative hose attachments" or "outdoor water features" and may only be sold in head shops and out of the back of vans at night in vacant parking lots.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMITcQUe-9M&feature=player_embedded#at=34[/youtube]

We just had our master bath completely remodeled, and the shower has one of those rainstorm shower heads.  Glad we had it done now!

If the polar ice caps are melting don't we have more water to shower with?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:38:48 pm »

I seem to recall a lot of whinging when the last standard went into effect, yet my shower head is quite fine, thanks.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:24:52 pm »

"We have a pond in the back. We have a pool and a pond. The pond would be good for you."

Chevy Chase character in Caddyshack

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:01:33 pm »

Mine is a Presidential.  Shocked Seriously. And it will be in noncompliance because it's so strong I can shower in no time.
Who will police this? I guess if you have to have a plumbing inspector certify your house you could get busted.
I miss the good old days.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 05:33:55 pm »

I hope they put some kind of pressure/flow regulator in the shower heads or people with low water pressure won't get much water.  So far the regulating mechanism has usually been an orifice that can be removed or drilled out for low pressure applications like using well water rather than city water.

TeeDub
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 07:50:46 am »

Couldn't you could just not buy a WaterSense certified shower head? 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 07:55:08 am »

Couldn't you could just not buy a WaterSense certified shower head? 

I love the image of buying contraband shower heads from a guy on a street corner with a pillow case full of them.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 08:01:54 am »

I love the image of buying contraband shower heads from a guy on a street corner with a pillow case full of them.

You seeing a Canadian Toilet/shower head debacle in our future?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 03:45:10 pm »

I hope they put some kind of pressure/flow regulator in the shower heads or people with low water pressure won't get much water.  So far the regulating mechanism has usually been an orifice that can be removed or drilled out for low pressure applications like using well water rather than city water.

I wonder if they will subsidize the flow for the underprivileged by diverting water from the shower heads of the evil rich?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
borman09
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 09:30:02 am »

Doing this for all the showers in all of the places where I am going to live for more than a few days. It takes less than five minutes and makes a noticeable difference when taking a shower.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org