A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:32 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a restaurant...  (Read 17506 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 05:38:42 pm »

For a unique Tulsa/Oil experience I would recommend The Spudder  great steaks, casual atmosphere, with Tulsa's oil history used as decorations on the wall.  

http://www.thespudder.com/home.nxg

here are some reviews

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/58/631321/restaurant/I-44-BA-Interchange/Spudder-Tulsa

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:43:01 pm by GG » Logged

Trust but verify
cjmcinty
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 10:43:47 pm »

Great suggestions! Currently at the top of the list are Spudders, Jamil's, Eddy's, Dooley's & Go West (Still a long list!). If I were choosing only for myself, I would definitely be heading to Go West. The food sounds so good! However, the simpler menus at the older places may be better suited for my family's tastes. 

Wondered if I would hear more about Molly's Landing... Have a friend who's a Tulsa native & loves the place. Thought the kitschy decor might be fun & memorable for guests. The post mentioning it didn't say anything about it. Any input?

Thanks!!
DwnTwnTul
Activist

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 07:59:08 am »

Molly's is a bit of a hike so I rarely make it out there, but it is very kitchy and unique; plus the food is good.  My favorite restuarants in town are:  KEO, Wild Fork, Stonehorse, Polo Grill, Sonoma, and Mary's.  All are somewhat unique, but Molly's is by far the most kitchy. 

I've also learned that out of town guests like the Max Retropub.  While I don't really get it, they seem to think it's unique and fun.  Of course it goes without saying, every out of towner has to go to the Center of the Universe.  LOL

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 12:36:51 pm »

Visitors to Tulsa always like Utica Square too, and it's fun to stroll through there in the evening before/after a meal at Wild Fork, Polo, Stonehorse, etc.  I so wish they had a hotel there as it would be very popular.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 10:08:48 am »

I thought Go West was pretty average when I ate there, but it's not been open long so I'm not going to be too harsh on them.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
joiei
City Father

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 11:41:56 am »

A plus if you go to Molly's,  you get to show the out of towners the Blue Whale.   

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
cjmcinty
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 08:27:13 pm »

A plus if you go to Molly's,  you get to show the out of towners the Blue Whale.   

Ooooh, I haven't even seen the Blue Whale myself! That might just be the deciding factor Smiley
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:37 pm »

Molly's is really spendy, but you won't be disappointed in the quality of the food.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 09:21:07 pm »

Molly's is really spendy, but you won't be disappointed in the quality of the food.

I always thought it quite neat and the food is good.  Not a bad selection of beer either, although the last time I went there they had no Marshall.  And appears they still don't.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 07:36:34 am »

I havent been to Molly's since the 90s. The food is very good but at the time I thought the whole experience was a little pricey.
If you drink, get ready for a little more than you may have thought. 80 Dollars for two people just caught me by surprise.

It reminds me of Super Troopers. Hey Farva ! Whats the name of that Restaurant with all the goofy sh*t on the walls ? You mean Shenanigans ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 07:47:50 am »

I havent been to Molly's since the 90s. The food is very good but at the time I thought the whole experience was a little pricey.
If you drink, get ready for a little more than you may have thought. 80 Dollars for two people just caught me by surprise.

It reminds me of Super Troopers. Hey Farva ! Whats the name of that Restaurant with all the goofy sh*t on the walls ? You mean Shenanigans ?

"I'm gonna pistol-whip the next person who says: 'Shenanigans'!"

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 10:13:12 am »

http://www.angusinn.net/

dbacks fan
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 10:44:09 am »

"Shenanigans!"
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 10:48:55 am »

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 12:00:12 pm »

Alright you stop that right meow !

* 25527_supertroopers_coolchrism5.jpg (52.5 KB - downloaded 433 times.)

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org