A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:08 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 2008  (Read 4326 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 09:58:43 am »

Point taken, but my point is that at some point, critical mass as it regards to gasoline prices always seems to hover around $4/gallon.  The experts scream 'expect $5/gallon gas by such and such date' and the three times I've heard this, it hasn't happened.  Not to say it won't, but these experts drive the speculators.  All my opinion, of course.

This is how they pump up their product.  Its going to be $5 a gallon, oil will be $5 million a pint.  You better buy now so you can make money as it rises.  Yadda Yadda. 
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 10:00:05 am »

The president says "get used to it."

After all, oil is the evil that feeds evil businesses and ultimately provides income to the evil rich.

We can fix this problem, but we won't, because our "leadership" does not view it as a problem. 

Jimmy Carter is proud.

Why would you just make up words about what Obama said? Is that helpful to a good discussion about oil?

You are turning more and more into Glenn Beck.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 10:07:27 am »

We've also done nothing to reign in speculators who profit from pushing paper around never actually laying hands on the oil they buy and sell.  The rest of us pay the price for this.

Just what is it that these people do other than run the price up and line their pockets with our dollars?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 10:08:22 am »

Just what is it that these people do other than run the price up and line their pockets with our dollars?

Play golf and eat at Spago, I guess.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org