A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:35:13 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bartlesville - That town to the north.  (Read 194442 times)
TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2012, 12:57:24 pm »

Any word on whether Taj is going to set up shop permanently in Bville?
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2012, 01:12:17 pm »

Any word on whether Taj is going to set up shop permanently in Bville?

I know little so...

The pop-up did go over very well. They ran out of food every night I believe. They say the odds of them opening up permanently are good. However, if they were to move to town, it would have to be in a different location (don't really know why) according to Downtown Inc. Maybe the building owner has other plans or something for that location.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 02:46:44 pm »

Camille's maybe?
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »

Camille's maybe?

I don't imagine that spot is going to be filled up anytime soon. Plus I think they would get far better business downtown. The clientele is far more diverse. Plus our mall just is not that big of a draw. About the only thing that is popular in the mall is Buffalo Wild Wings.

TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 07:01:31 am »

I don't imagine that spot is going to be filled up anytime soon. Plus I think they would get far better business downtown. The clientele is far more diverse. Plus our mall just is not that big of a draw. About the only thing that is popular in the mall is Buffalo Wild Wings.

It appears that Billy Sim BBQ is going to occupy the former Camille's. There's a sign in the window.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 08:23:22 am »

It appears that Billy Sim BBQ is going to occupy the former Camille's. There's a sign in the window.

No improvement there.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29:40 am »

No improvement there.

That's surprising. Maybe it will do better. Camille's just offered subpar food and had to deal with McAlister's in the same parking lot, which I think is far more popular.

Actually never been to Sim's. I always assumed it was on par with Rib Crib. Am I wrong?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 08:42:19 am »

Actually never been to Sim's. I always assumed it was on par with Rib Crib. Am I wrong?

My experiences with Sims have been worse than Rib Crib.  That says quite a bit.  I've stopped abusing myself with boomer -que.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 08:43:57 am »

My experiences with Sims have been worse than Rib Crib.  That says quite a bit.  I've stopped abusing myself with boomer -que.

Ouch, that is bad.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 08:49:47 am »

Ouch, that is bad.

I never saw what the hype was.  I tried it once or twice.  Meh.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 08:56:08 am »

That's surprising. Maybe it will do better. Camille's just offered subpar food and had to deal with McAlister's in the same parking lot, which I think is far more popular.

I personally prefer it to Rib Crib, but you're right in that it's just another generic BBQ place.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 12:14:41 pm »

I personally prefer it to Rib Crib, but you're right in that it's just another generic BBQ place.

BBQ is extraordinarily depressing in Bartlesville. There is Rib Crib (and now apparently Sim's) and Dink's, the local flavor. Dink's has been here forever (well 1982, but it feels like forever) and people for some reason or another rave about it. I personally can barely handle it, where at least I think Rib Crib is close to palatable. Depressing, cause I love BBQ. Even more so since I grew up around Ponca City (Head Country & Dougan's), lived in Stillwater (Bad Brad's) during college. Since then I've been around Tulsa, which has plenty of decent/good BBQ and Dallas (NO GOOD BBQ). Every once in a while I have to make a trip west to Bad Brad's in Pawhuska (the original!).

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 12:22:45 pm »

BBQ is extraordinarily depressing in Bartlesville. There is Rib Crib (and now apparently Sim's) and Dink's, the local flavor. Dink's has been here forever (well 1982, but it feels like forever) and people for some reason or another rave about it. I personally can barely handle it, where at least I think Rib Crib is close to palatable. Depressing, cause I love BBQ. Even more so since I grew up around Ponca City (Head Country & Dougan's), lived in Stillwater (Bad Brad's) during college. Since then I've been around Tulsa, which has plenty of decent/good BBQ and Dallas (NO GOOD BBQ). Every once in a while I have to make a trip west to Bad Brad's in Pawhuska (the original!).

Hmm.  Bad Brad's sounds interesting.  I may have to make the jaunt there.  Are there any second opinions?  Not that I don't trust yours, I just would rather see if someone else could chime in before I head out on Hwy 11 to try it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 01:22:44 pm »

Hmm.  Bad Brad's sounds interesting.  I may have to make the jaunt there.  Are there any second opinions?  Not that I don't trust yours, I just would rather see if someone else could chime in before I head out on Hwy 11 to try it.

Last time I went to Bad Brad's in Stilly, wasn't so impressed.  And they've gotten expensive.

It's one thing to drop $15.00 at BurnCo, quite another at Bad Brad's.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 01:38:45 pm »

Yes, don't make the mistake of me thinking Bad Brad's is the greatest. It is not. It's just not terrible. I would not drive out of my way to go. But I still make frequent trips to Ponca (family) and it's not a bad pit stop.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org