A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:16:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapulpa photowalk  (Read 7051 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: April 10, 2011, 11:59:26 am »

Artist got me thinking about Sapulpa.  I've been through there several times, but I've never had a foot on the ground other than at the football stadium.  The downtown has some lovely old brick buildings.

Early next Sunday, April 17th, I'm planning to do a photowalk around the downtown area.  I want to be there at 9AM.  Why so early?  First, the light is coming from an angle and that always makes for better photos.  Second, there's very little traffic on Sunday mornings.  I can stand in the street and take photos.

If anyone is interested in joining me in this expedition to the wilds of Sapulpa, just let me know.  We could even car pool if necessary. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 01:26:02 pm »

Just a reminder.  I'll be there tomorrow after having breakfast with a friend.

Ed

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:04:46 am »

Would love go but unfortunately have to work.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:26:57 pm »

I had fun, despite the five gallons or so of coffee sloshing about in my gut.  I'll post photos later.  Right now, I have to finish the taxes...not that I procrastinate or anything...but when I have to send them checks, I wait until the last minute.

Ed

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 05:08:17 pm »

Here are a couple of photos.  The rest are over on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8188326@N02/

Ed

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »

Here are a couple of photos.  The rest are over on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8188326@N02/

I was in Sapulpa today, but for a Soccer Tournament. We drove around bit downtown. It really has some great old buildings down there.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 07:13:42 pm »

Sapulpa has a big car show coming up in June.  Number One Daughter may go with me to take photos.  She loves her some old cars.

Ed

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:58 am »

what kind of camera/lens were you using Ed? pictures look great.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 08:46:50 am »

what kind of camera/lens were you using Ed? pictures look great.

Looks to me from the ExifData to be a Kodak EasyShare Z1285 Zoom.  Not bad for a P&C camera.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 02:44:47 pm »

That's right.  It's a Kodak Z1285 with a 12meg sensor and a Schneider lens.  I was impressed with the resolution from this camera.  If it did RAW files, it would be about perfect for my uses.

These photos are reduced from the originals, with a little bit of sharpening, increased contrast, and increased saturation from the Zoner Photo Studio.  I like this program a lot.  It's just the free version, but I'm probably going to buy the upgrade.  It's much like Lightroom, I'm told, but I have no experience with Lightroom.

I shot some film in the Nikon N6006 too, but it's not processed yet. 

Ed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org