A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:48:20 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dick Clark shuffled off this mortal coil  (Read 3321 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: April 18, 2012, 01:46:37 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dick-clark-entertainment-icon-nicknamed-americas-oldest-teenager/story?id=16076252

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 01:54:03 pm »

Just saw this and damn. Memories of American Bandstand just exploding right now.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 02:39:59 pm »

How sad. You could see it coming, though. When I watched part of his New Year's Eve show I thought that it would probably be his last.
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 03:13:42 am »

How sad. You could see it coming, though. When I watched part of his New Year's Eve show I thought that it would probably be his last.

It was painfully obvious when he did the new years eve show after his stroke. I admired the fact that he continued on, he was one of the true showmen, and believed in pressing on regardless. There is a hotel in Tempe, AZ that used to be a Holiday Inn that was a place that a lot of entertainers stayed at at the corner of Rural Road and Apache Blvd across from ASU, that is now Four Points by Sheraton, that I stayed in back in 1992, that the room I was in had been stayed in by Dick Clark, and I joked at the time that I will never age having stayed in the same room. The hotel had guests ranging from Yo Yo Ma, Junior Samples, Morgan Fairchild, Kurt Russell and many others.

Dick Clark will be missed, he was a pioneer, brought us so much in the music world, and is a one of a kind. As has been mentioned on several shows, he's know coordinated things in heaven.

http://deals.fourpoints.com/Four-Points-Tempe-Hotel-3064/so.htm&PS=PS_aa_GoogleBMM_tempe_four_points_hotel_112310_NAD_FM
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:15:53 am by dbacks fan » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:58:48 am »

It was painfully obvious when he did the new years eve show after his stroke. I admired the fact that he continued on, he was one of the true showmen, and believed in pressing on regardless. There is a hotel in Tempe, AZ that used to be a Holiday Inn that was a place that a lot of entertainers stayed at at the corner of Rural Road and Apache Blvd across from ASU, that is now Four Points by Sheraton, that I stayed in back in 1992, that the room I was in had been stayed in by Dick Clark, and I joked at the time that I will never age having stayed in the same room. The hotel had guests ranging from Yo Yo Ma, Junior Samples, Morgan Fairchild, Kurt Russell and many others.

Dick Clark will be missed, he was a pioneer, brought us so much in the music world, and is a one of a kind. As has been mentioned on several shows, he's know coordinated things in heaven.

http://deals.fourpoints.com/Four-Points-Tempe-Hotel-3064/so.htm&PS=PS_aa_GoogleBMM_tempe_four_points_hotel_112310_NAD_FM

If staying in the room a celebrity occupied changes anything, I’d hate to stay in the one just vacated by Junior Samples.  “BR549”

A former classmate of mine has done well for himself in the TV and movie industry out in LA.  He posted a very poignant tribute to Dick the other day on FB and said he was every bit a gentleman in person as he came off on TV.  Not an ounce of pretense.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org