A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:42:50 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sen. Inhofe on Rachel Maddow  (Read 6227 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« on: March 15, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »

Great show...good job by both of them. Jim smeared Synar, but didn't mention him by name. Great banter. Rachel corrected Inhofe several times...biggest peace time tax increase was not Clinton, but Reagan. Inhofe countered her many times with firm positioning. Nothing but graciousness throughout. Jim displayed what we use to refer to as good Republican debate. He's also one of the only Republicans with the balls to show up!

She replays later...and I will try to post the link. He was on for 20 minutes plus.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:02:33 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:34:59 pm »

Great show...good job by both of them. Jim smeared Synar, but didn't mention him by name. Great banter. Rachel corrected Inhofe several times...biggest peace time tax increase was not Clinton, but Reagan. Inhofe countered her many times with firm positioning. Nothing but graciousness throughout. Jim displayed what we use to refer to as good Republican debate. He's also one of the only Republicans with the balls to show up!

She replays later...and I will try to post the link. He was on for 20 minutes plus.

Once again ran into him at Ike's (Admiral) last Friday.  He was busy talking to others, but nice to know he doesn't hole up in Washington at least and does come back to talk to his constituency, even if I disagree with just about everything that comes out of his mouth.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »

Countered with firm positioning and all lies, no doubt.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 01:19:05 pm »

Word up!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeEoFiJpKVo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENZM29Cl8ho&feature=related[/youtube]
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:52:10 pm »

Once again ran into him at Ike's (Admiral) last Friday.  He was busy talking to others, but nice to know he doesn't hole up in Washington at least and does come back to talk to his constituency, even if I disagree with just about everything that comes out of his mouth.

My grandpa is a friend of his. I haven't talked to him in years, and I was very little then and just shook his hand and smiled. I like him alright, but I disagree with almost all of what he says.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »

My grandpa is a friend of his. I haven't talked to him in years, and I was very little then and just shook his hand and smiled. I like him alright, but I disagree with almost all of what he says.

What made it worse for me than any of his policy stances (which I understand everyone has their viewpoints) is his brash and outright disrespect for the FAA during his 'incident'.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 05:39:36 pm »

What made it worse for me than any of his policy stances (which I understand everyone has their viewpoints) is his brash and outright disrespect for the FAA during his 'incident'.

Give the guy some credit for successfully landing an airplane that lost a propeller, then take it all away (and more) for landing on a closed runway, scattering the workers and endangering their lives.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »

Having dealt with the FAA, they sometimes get the respect they deserve..... not much.

Check box "A"...
Job complete.

I'm sure that most FAA employees are reasonable but it only takes few to destroy their reputation.  Kind of like one Aw Ship wipes out 1000 ataboys.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 10:03:21 am »

Give the guy some credit for successfully landing an airplane that lost a propeller, then take it all away (and more) for landing on a closed runway, scattering the workers and endangering their lives.

Then how about his background involvement with the people who are promoting "kill the gays"?  Worth an extra -1?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 11:03:28 am »

Having dealt with the FAA, they sometimes get the respect they deserve..... not much.

Check box "A"...
Job complete.

I'm sure that most FAA employees are reasonable but it only takes few to destroy their reputation.  Kind of like one Aw Ship wipes out 1000 ataboys.

True.  But at the enroute level, how many jobs can you say that in a day you are responsible for the lives of literally thousands of people per day?  The FAA is no boy scout club, but the arrogance with which an 80 year US Senator essentially thumbed his nose at something that would have had an everyday joe pilot with an ASEL have his paper revoked.  That was my issue with it.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 11:09:26 am »

True.  But at the enroute level, how many jobs can you say that in a day you are responsible for the lives of literally thousands of people per day?  The FAA is no boy scout club, but the arrogance with which an 80 year US Senator essentially thumbed his nose at something that would have had an everyday joe pilot with an ASEL have his paper revoked.  That was my issue with it.

+1

I gathered from the incident he thought he was immune since he’s a Senator.  Not only that, he’s been there long enough, he’s a part of the corruption train and he simply won’t listen to anyone but himself these days.  Time to retire Jim.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 04:38:09 pm »

Time to retire Jim.

+1, even without the political disagreements. Wink

I'm not in favor of hard term limits, but the FAA incident clearly indicated that Inhofe's personal limit has been exceeded.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 10:22:47 am »

Something about the title of this thread......

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 10:43:55 am »

^^^^^EYE BLEACH!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org