A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:21:35 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divine Providence Medical Center in Glenpool  (Read 9380 times)
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« on: March 22, 2011, 01:13:43 pm »

News out of Glenpool says we're getting a 72-bed full service hospital.

http://glenpoolpost.com/news/article_9bf29ccc-549a-11e0-b5d8-001cc4c03286.html

http://glenpoolpost.com/news/article_bdfcc380-54ac-11e0-b96a-001cc4c03286.html

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 01:41:23 pm »

Fan-freakin-tastic news for us out here in the burbs. Thanks for the heads up.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 01:43:23 pm »

It would be hard for me to live in a community without a hospital.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 04:46:27 pm »

I wonder if this is one of those built by investors but operated by one of the major hospitals sort of deals similar to Bailey in Owasso and St. John BA?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 05:58:53 pm »

I wonder if this is one of those built by investors but operated by one of the major hospitals sort of deals similar to Bailey in Owasso and St. John BA?

Why the wonder? Just curious...

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 06:53:19 pm »

Why the wonder? Just curious...

Mostly because when built it would be the closest hospital to me and I would be more comfortable if it was affiliated with a known entity if I or my wife and kids ever end up having to be patients there.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 10:33:35 pm »

Mostly because when built it would be the closest hospital to me and I would be more comfortable if it was affiliated with a known entity if I or my wife and kids ever end up having to be patients there.

Got it and great point. And please keep the updates coming. My far better half is on staff at Bailey (as well as another huge hospital) and I was hoping there were no medical staff (not nurses, aides, admin, etc.) issues.

TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 12:52:02 am »

I, for one, am excitied to hear that this is coming to Glenpool. This will be about a mile and a half away from Glenpool's main street (141st Street). Currently, the only real option for Glenpool residents is Saint Francis which is about a 15-20 minute drive on a good day with the turnpike. If they built the Yale bridge, it would probably only be a 10 minute drive. I currently work at one of the major Tulsa hospitals, but this would be a good option to consider for future employment. However, I'm interested to see how successful it will be in the future as well. I know that one day last summer, there was a grand total of ONE patient in the whole hospital at St. John Owasso for a while and that it took them some time for business to pick up. But the demand is definitely there. My hospital has been full for the past few months now. Every day that I log in, I get a pop up saying that we are at full census and all docs need to evaluate their patients for discharge. I can only imagine that it's the same story at other area hospitals.

Anyways, I was curious to see how its size compared to other area hospitals in terms of capacity so I did a little research:

St. John Sapulpa - 25-bed hospital
St. John Broken Arrow - 68-bed hospital
St. John Owasso - 36-bed hospital
St. John Medical Center - 600+ bed hospital

Bailey Medical Center - 73-bed hospital

St. Francis Main Campus - 900+ bed hospital
St. Francis South - 76-bed hospital
St. Francis Broken Arrow - 36-bed hospital

Hillcrest Medical Center - 691-bed hospital

Tulsa Mortuary and Sanatorium Med...I mean OSU Medical Center - 249-bed hospital

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 08:34:08 am »

That's also good news for anyone who lives between about Beggs and Glenpool as well, as their options were either Okmulgee or 30-45 minutes to St. Francis or Southcrest.

I'm not real big on decentralization of health care as I think it is one of the biggest cost drivers which keeps getting ignored in the discussion on health care, but this is one which makes perfect sense.  SW Tulsa county keeps growing and they are very underserved as far as a comprehensive care facility.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 12:02:04 pm »

Ran across this in the Tulsa World today.

Bob Baker, president and CEO of 5 Starr Group, said he has helped develop other medical centers, including St. John Hospital-Owasso, and has built other, smaller medical facilities in the metro area as part of 5 Starr.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org