A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:14:07 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waterfront Grill  (Read 14052 times)
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« on: March 09, 2011, 01:51:51 am »

Came across this article:

http://tulsafood.com/on-the-river/waterfront-grill-jenks

Has anyone been here? Everyone that I've talked to has had nothing but positive comments for this place. But I'm hesitant to believe it if these same people are also fans of Los Cabos. The menu options look interesting and somewhat unique. Every day that I've driven by this place, the parking lot has been overflowing with cars.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:30:12 am »

With this and the Blue Rose, I'm happy to see more high-caliber retail locations being built on the river.

However, I hate their website.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:54:36 am »

However, I hate their website.

Ugh..  There is absolutely zero reason for that site to be built in flash.. curious if the client requested something "flashy," or the designer sold them this turd

The end result:
  • a long load time before you see anything at all
  • No text can be copy/pasted/searched... or indexed by search engines (there is no meta info, hidden comments, alt-tags or anything at all for search engines to index... other than the title of the page)
And
  • what's with the big prominent "Email Login" link meant to be used only by the admin..   can they not bookmark https://login.secureserver.net/index.php?app=wbe  ?
  • Why does the location page continue to show a slide show of plated food... rather than say... a map?!

The site was created by a firm in Springdale, AR
OSU
Activist

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:28:38 am »

Not only is the website poorly designed the food photography is abysmal... too clinical and uninviting. However I really need to get over to Jenks and try this place out...I`ve only heard good things.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:32:38 am »

Not only is the website poorly designed the food photography is abysmal... too clinical and uninviting. However I really need to get over to Jenks and try this place out...I`ve only heard good things.

Pictures of real food are often unappetizing.  We've all heard stories of "stage food" not being real food at all.

OSU
Activist

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 08:55:11 am »

Pictures of real food are often unappetizing.

But not always...

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 09:06:25 am »

Has anyone emailed to let them know they were hosed by the site designer?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 09:21:12 am »

Maybe I watch too much Food Network but based on the photos in the article cited by Tourismo, their plating design is abysmal and unimaginative.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:53:44 am »

Maybe I watch too much Food Network but based on the photos in the article cited by Tourismo, their plating design is abysmal and unimaginative.

At least they didn't "confetti" the plate
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 12:59:24 pm »

At least they didn't "confetti" the plate

Actually that's exactly what all the dried parsley looked like to me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 03:29:27 pm »

Not as egregious as this

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 03:58:17 pm »

Not as egregious as this

Ah yes, making $2.00 worth of shrimp look like it's worth $12 on the appetizer menu.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 05:37:32 pm »

Ah yes, making $2.00 worth of shrimp look like it's worth $12 on the appetizer menu.

That's $2.00 worth of shrimp?Huh?

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 06:08:57 pm »

Oh yeah, you know, if you add $0.50 worth of confettied vegetables, multiply that by 20, then that item is now worth $12. Simple mathematics really.....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 06:20:51 pm »

That's $2.00 worth of shrimp?Huh?

Yeah, I might have been a bit kind on that estimate  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org