A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:28:40 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red brick?  (Read 11064 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 08:27:31 pm »

There's a small Portland cement bridge on Broadway west of Main in Owasso.  It dead ends at the railroad yard, but I suspect it once went further west to connect onto 76th Street.  Jim Ross wrote that Portland cement was used for sections of roadway on Route 66, as well as curbing and bridges.  There are still some PC bridges along 66 between Claremore and Catoosa in the westbound lanes.  That's the original roadway before it was widened to 4 lanes.  I really like Ross's book.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Gonesouth1234
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 07:37:31 am »

If you find it, I'd sure like to see it.  Is there a files area here on the forum somewhere?

Ed, I haven't forgotten your request.  It's buried somewhere in the file cabinet.

It seems like it was mentioned in Danny Globe's Architectural/Historical Survey of Tulsa done in 90-91; I'll see if I can find it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org