A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:59:33 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sand Springs City Council election 3/1  (Read 2766 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« on: February 28, 2011, 08:43:11 am »

Any one have any insight on the Sand Springs City Council election tomorrow? There are four running for the at-large seat: Troy Zickefoose, Ann M. Been, Sam Childers and James D. Rankin. There is very little information to go on and I was just wondering if anyone had any information on these four.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:55:16 am »

I know Sam Childers a little bit. He was a councilor before. His family donated the conservation easement that helped create the Keystone Ancient Forest Preserve, a cool untouched area of ancient crosstimbers forestland. He is also a veteran and involved in the veteran's parade.

Troy Zickefoose ran for a different office last summer and lost in the democratic primary for state house seat 68 by only four votes. He used to be employed at the steel mill in Sand Springs which has since closed.

I don't know anything about the other two.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org