A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:51:57 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-union legislation in OK  (Read 5542 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: February 25, 2011, 05:14:07 am »

http://www.bestoftheblogs.com/Home/37598

This was done very quietly.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 06:10:19 am »

http://www.bestoftheblogs.com/Home/37598

This was done very quietly.

Honestly, I'm surprised OK would've allowed collective bargaining for anyone in the first place. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:15:11 am »

FAIL

Is the author in 8th grade?

"In Indiana, Mitch Daniels has tabled an effort to bust public sector unions there. In Ohio, Czar Kashitch I is almost certain to be told, sometime soon, to cut it the f out by Ruspubliscum bigwigs who don’t want to lose a chance at gaining Ohio in the 2012 Presidential election cycle. In Florda, Czar Rick Scott has shrugged his shoulders and said, “I don’ see nuthin’ wrong with Yeunyeons.”

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:35:10 am »

FAIL

Is the author in 8th grade?

"In Indiana, Mitch Daniels has tabled an effort to bust public sector unions there. In Ohio, Czar Kashitch I is almost certain to be told, sometime soon, to cut it the f out by Ruspubliscum bigwigs who don’t want to lose a chance at gaining Ohio in the 2012 Presidential election cycle. In Florda, Czar Rick Scott has shrugged his shoulders and said, “I don’ see nuthin’ wrong with Yeunyeons.”

Seriously.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:29:00 pm »

I believe its HB1593: http://newlsb.lsb.state.ok.us/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB1593&Session=1100
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 12:41:18 pm »

8th grade level - difficult to say - was it too hard to understand??  Probably was then.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 01:20:04 pm »

8th grade level - difficult to say - was it too hard to understand??  Probably was then.

All he had to add was RWRE and Murdochian and I would have assumed it leapt from your computer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 01:35:18 pm »

All he had to add was RWRE and Murdochian and I would have assumed it leapt from your computer.

Or thrown in a Bush or two for good measure. Cheesy

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 05:07:52 pm »

We need a Wisconsin-style protest here, if for no other reason so I can see this sort of brilliance on display in Oklahoma.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu67KPNg_iM&feature=player_embedded#at=36[/youtube]

Or this (at 7:30). Warning: Language and confusing sexual identity/homophobia issues

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNBkcpgPkuY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:12:11 pm by guido911 » Logged

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 05:12:40 pm »

As I understand it, Guido, there will be a protest march in OKC over this anti-union legislation, but I don't know when it will be held.

But I really did like this photo.  I think it may see myriad uses.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 06:28:24 pm »

As I understand it, Guido, there will be a protest march in OKC over this anti-union legislation, but I don't know when it will be held.

But I really did like this photo.  I think it may see myriad uses.

It is funny on so many levels.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 01:44:38 pm »

Unfortunately, it implies that the cavemen are coming from elsewhere, not that they are already here.  Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 11:54:38 pm »

GEICO is gonna be soooo mad.

I have an app for that.  The RWRE, Bush, Murdoch, Rove stuff.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org