A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:31:22 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concrete contractor suggestions  (Read 8818 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« on: March 13, 2011, 09:51:37 pm »

Looking to widen our driveway a bit and need recommendations for a good concrete contractor around Tulsa.

Also does anyone know what it is going for per square yard poured and finished these days?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:57:20 pm »

This might get you in the ball park for a guesstimate - maybe a quick idea of what to expect.  Concrete price seems to be always very volatile, and with diesel price where it is, there is gonna be an adder.

http://www.buildingjournal.com/concrete-driveway-estimating.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:09:35 pm »

Looking to widen our driveway a bit and need recommendations for a good concrete contractor around Tulsa.

Also does anyone know what it is going for per square yard poured and finished these days?

I believe you will find out that concrete goes by the cubic yard, not square yard.  Square yards will obviously depend on the thickness.  The thickness will depend on your application.

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:22:35 pm »

I believe you will find out that concrete goes by the cubic yard, not square yard.  Square yards will obviously depend on the thickness.  The thickness will depend on your application.

Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks. Been a long time since I've had any work like that done and I wasn't sure how they measured it.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:24:57 pm »

This might get you in the ball park for a guesstimate - maybe a quick idea of what to expect.  Concrete price seems to be always very volatile, and with diesel price where it is, there is gonna be an adder.

http://www.buildingjournal.com/concrete-driveway-estimating.html

Thanks!
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:15:16 am »

Your price will be based on the Sqf.....Contact Jeff Gillispie...Gillco Construction....918 625-1671.....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 10:38:08 am »

And 4" isn't thick enough.  No matter what they tell you.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 10:41:06 am »

And 4" isn't thick enough.  No matter what they tell you.

Sure it will,depending on the base....PSI of the concrete used....And what type of re-bar is installed..

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:47:17 am »

Sure it will,depending on the base....PSI of the concrete used....And what type of re-bar is installed..

Make sure it's 4" thick the whole way across and not just at the edges.  One type of re-bar is "none".  Make sure you don't get that option.

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 06:28:52 pm »

Call Top Gun Concrete - Bill Nance he's my former brother in law.  We we good friends before he was my brother in law, still are.   Long story.   He's an Industrial Engineer with a MBA that went into the home building/concrete business.

You can call him at 918-638-9486 his cell phone.  Tell him you are the guy Rob called him about Monday night. 

http://topgunsolutions.com/

918-274-9GUN is his office number.

Trust but verify
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 11:52:16 am »

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I will be making calls and setting up some estimates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org