A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:30:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallin cuts top tax rate, says state revenue growth is enough.  (Read 112823 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2014, 07:50:01 am »

You’d get further with this against your forehead

I know.  He is hopelessly lost in the weeds somewhere.
Luckily, I don't depend on him for any type of verification other than to prove what is wrong.

And since rational, considered thought is such a rare gem in this state - we occasionally seem to have versions of it here;

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.
I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2014, 09:10:13 am »

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.
I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.

I lot of people agree with me when they have been drinking.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2014, 12:46:11 pm »

I lot of people agree with me when they have been drinking.

Been starting early?  Trying to catch up with me??

I lot of people....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2014, 09:28:49 am »

I'll tell ya what if we still had Governor Henry in Oklahoma our taxes would be higher and companies and their jobs would still be fleeing to Texas, our unemployment rate would be 7% or 8% and Macys would be building their new warehouse in another state. It is what it is. Gov. Henry did nothing to encourage companies to come to Oklahoma.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2014, 11:10:45 am »

I'll tell ya what if we still had Governor Henry in Oklahoma our taxes would be higher and companies and their jobs would still be fleeing to Texas, our unemployment rate would be 7% or 8% and Macys would be building their new warehouse in another state. It is what it is. Gov. Henry did nothing to encourage companies to come to Oklahoma.

See the Macy’s thread for a more thorough reply with sources.  Henry enacted almost 3/4 of a billion dollars in tax relief, an historic relief package at the time in Oklahoma’s history.  He also ushered in Worker’s Comp reform which was aimed at attracting new business to Oklahoma.  Finally there’s this which shows Fallin has not measured up to Henry in terms of new private sector job growth.  These are BLS numbers.  Fallin has been a complete disappointment to this state.  She’s proven to be less conservative than Henry on many issues.  She’s a D.C. insider and lousy Republican.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2014, 02:01:51 pm »

You never did answer when I asked before....what color is the sky in your world??

TeeDub
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »

She could have done better, but she definitely could have done worse.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LASST400000000000003

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2014, 01:19:50 pm »

She could have done better, but she definitely could have done worse.

She did nothing...at least nothing to actually help the people of the state outside a few select "good buddies" of hers.  All the improvements are due to the wider economy in general getting better, and the boom in oil and gas.

And look at the down-tick in labor force and employment since Jan.  That means people are leaving.  So, yeah, if they can't find a job and go to another state, of course the unemployment is gonna get better.

How many got kids that have graduated college this year and have been able to find good jobs in their degree field??

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2014, 01:51:53 pm »

Mary Fallin is doing an outstanding job as governor it must be remembered she is fighting a uphill battle against the feds and Obama, it's hard for a state to make gains when the federal gov't  has you in a choke hold. The U-6 true unemployment rate nation-wide under Obama is sky high around 14%, yet here in Oklahoma we're at or around  3%. Our governor wants to slash our state income tax more for an even stronger economy. The government that governs the least governs the best..  It must be remembered that under Henry  he had a strong national economy helping him  because we had  President Bush, remember  gasoline was $1.70 a gallon under Bush and  fuel costs were low the national unemployment rate was around 5%. Today the national economy under Obama is in shambles, ObamaCare is costing more jobs, The NATIONAL price for gasoline has not dropped below $3.00 a gallon since Obama came to power, high fuel costs hurt the  economy. Obama's war on oil, coal, and the Keystone pipleine all work against us here in Oklahoma, but even when the odds stacked against us the Governor is doing a good job keeping our economy growing.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2014, 02:04:21 pm »

Mary Fallin is doing an outstanding job as governor it must be remembered she is fighting a uphill battle against the feds and Obama, it's hard for a state to make gains when the federal gov't  has you in a choke hold. The U-6 true unemployment rate nation-wide under Obama is sky high around 14%, yet here in Oklahoma we're at or around  3%. Our governor wants to slash our state income tax more for an even stronger economy. The government that governs the least governs the best..  It must be remembered that under Henry  he had a strong national economy helping him  because we had  President Bush, remember  gasoline was $1.70 a gallon under Bush and  fuel costs were low the national unemployment rate was around 5%. Today the national economy under Obama is in shambles, ObamaCare is costing more jobs, The NATIONAL price for gasoline has not dropped below $3.00 a gallon since Obama came to power, high fuel costs hurt the  economy. Obama's war on oil, coal, and the Keystone pipleine all work against us here in Oklahoma, but even when the odds stacked against us the Governor is doing a good job keeping our economy growing.

Ahhhh....Mary!!  Haven't heard anything inane, trivial, and trite today!  So good of you to correct that for us all....

As for gasoline, I have been filling up at $2.91 to $2.98 in many places between here and Oklahoma City.  And Dallas was even lower at about $3.12 last week when I got my friendly Ebola exposure....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2014, 02:55:38 pm »

Mary Fallin is doing an outstanding job as governor it must be remembered she is fighting a uphill battle against the feds and Obama, it's hard for a state to make gains when the federal gov't  has you in a choke hold. The U-6 true unemployment rate nation-wide under Obama is sky high around 14%, yet here in Oklahoma we're at or around  3%. Our governor wants to slash our state income tax more for an even stronger economy. The government that governs the least governs the best..  It must be remembered that under Henry  he had a strong national economy helping him  because we had  President Bush, remember  gasoline was $1.70 a gallon under Bush and  fuel costs were low the national unemployment rate was around 5%. Today the national economy under Obama is in shambles, ObamaCare is costing more jobs, The NATIONAL price for gasoline has not dropped below $3.00 a gallon since Obama came to power, high fuel costs hurt the  economy. Obama's war on oil, coal, and the Keystone pipleine all work against us here in Oklahoma, but even when the odds stacked against us the Governor is doing a good job keeping our economy growing.

Fallin’s best month of u/e was 4.5%, it remained under 4% and hit a low of 3.3% under Henry.

In August, our state u/e was 4.7%.

BLS stats:

I also posted before, Fallin hasn’t managed to have a single year with more job creation than happened while Henry was in office.  I also supplied sources to prove he enacted historic tax cuts as well as helped usher in worker’s comp reform.  What is NOT business-friendly in any of that?

Henry was a great governor, Fallin has been a miserable clusterfu#k of a governor.  She sucks, in fact, sucking seems to be all she is good at.   Shocked

Gas prices:  I’m not sure where you get the idea gas prices were wonderful under Bush.  The national average peaked at $4.14 in July of 2008.  Bush was still in office then.  I damn near didn’t vote for him in 2004 because we still had no energy policy.  Gas rose from around $1.50 a gallon when Bush took office to around $2.00 in 2004.

Now let's look at 2001-2009. This time period featured 9/11, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the rise of the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China) and a near global economic meltdown:

2001 - $1.61
2002 - $1.47
2003 - $1.69
2004 - $1.94
2005 - $2.30
2006 - $2.51
2007 - $2.64
2008 - $3.01
2009 - $2.14

Prices were great in the Clinton years:

Now let's look at 1993-2000, when the United States was in the midst of an incredible economic boom:

1993 - $1.42
1994 - $1.39
1995 - $1.41
1996 - $1.48
1997 - $1.46
1998 - $1.24
1999 - $1.34
2000 - $1.70
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:04:45 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2014, 06:43:00 pm »

remember  gasoline was $1.70 a gallon under Bush...

Gasoline was also over $4.00 under Bush. Funny, you don't seem to remember that.

Please explain what a President has or can do about the price of gas.   

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2014, 07:33:40 pm »

Gasoline was also over $4.00 under Bush. Funny, you don't seem to remember that.

Please explain what a President has or can do about the price of gas.   

According to his logic, that would mean Obama has done a great job of getting gas to go down in price the last few months. 

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2014, 06:52:11 am »

Haha...wonder if she noticed.  Someone said this was taken post-debate last night.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2014, 07:18:41 am »

Haha...wonder if she noticed.  Someone said this was taken post-debate last night.

Looks like she may have noticed right there at the end
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org