A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:08:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anchor babies  (Read 5628 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: February 21, 2011, 03:52:22 pm »

I think it's time our Oklahoma legislators stepped in a made it illegal to use anchor babies.  This is not a matter of right and left.  It's a matter of right and wrong.  It's immoral and disgusting to use babies to anchor boats.  They don't work as well as real anchors, and they tend to float after some time.  They're OK as doorstops or wheel chocks, but they should never be allowed as anchors.

Please join me in contacting our state representatives in this important matter!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:58:09 pm »

I had an entire book of jokes on this subject when I was younger.

I think the PC police would beat me to a bloody pool of goo if I started retelling those old nuggets.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 04:20:29 pm »

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 04:22:22 pm »

I've got something similar to that...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 04:38:43 pm »

Bingo.  I had the entire series.

It warped me juuuuuust right.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 04:47:38 pm »

I think it's time our Oklahoma legislators stepped in a made it illegal to use anchor babies.  This is not a matter of right and left.  It's a matter of right and wrong.  It's immoral and disgusting to use babies to anchor boats.  They don't work as well as real anchors, and they tend to float after some time.  They're OK as doorstops or wheel chocks, but they should never be allowed as anchors.

Please join me in contacting our state representatives in this important matter!

Does make the boat quieter. . . but then so do anchor wives.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 04:59:54 pm »

Bingo.  I had the entire series.

It warped me juuuuuust right.

I think we must've gone to the same middle school.  'Cause those books were ALL OVER the cafetorium during lunch hour.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 05:06:12 pm »

I think we must've gone to the same middle school.  'Cause those books were ALL OVER the cafetorium during lunch hour.

If you went to James Williams JHS in Rhinelander, WI I'll jump down, turn 'round and pick a bail of cotton.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38:46 pm »

If you went to James Williams JHS in Rhinelander, WI I'll jump down, turn 'round and pick a bail of cotton.

Sorry.  Woodland Junior HS in Fayetteville, AR.  I like how Truly Tasteless Jokes was a universal hit, both above and below the Mason Dixon.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 09:16:12 pm »

I was a big baby.

My birthday was June, July, and August.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacks fan
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 11:44:14 pm »

I think it's time our Oklahoma legislators stepped in a made it illegal to use anchor babies.  This is not a matter of right and left.  It's a matter of right and wrong.  It's immoral and disgusting to use babies to anchor boats.  They don't work as well as real anchors, and they tend to float after some time.  They're OK as doorstops or wheel chocks, but they should never be allowed as anchors.

Ed, I know where you are coming from with this topic, and trying to tie it to the 14th Amendment revision/discussion/legality/interpretaion of, I have to walk away from it, from being beat to a pulp, by posters here (not accusing or blaming anyone and not trying to stir it up) but this is a subject that is being posted/discussed/argued all over the place. Until there is a determination as to the wording, or a revision of the 14th Amendment, at the Federal level, this debate and interpritaion will continue. And maybe it's time to review/revisit the issue, I know that I would like to see it amended,(just my opinion) but until it's brought before the Senate and Congress, it won't change. Maybe if enough states call for a change, which it seems to be heading towards, and the changes they are trying for are heard at the federal level, it may change. And if it does change, we will have forever changed.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:57:24 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 10:54:15 am »

Sorry.  Woodland Junior HS in Fayetteville, AR.
Cowboys REPRESENT!  Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 01:39:49 pm »

Cowboys REPRESENT!  Grin

Crazy talk.

EDIT:!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org