A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:27:08 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Dysfunction Junction Now Functional" I44 and 193rd by Hard Rock  (Read 10899 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: February 16, 2011, 03:23:46 pm »

Anyone been by to see the finished product?

Any additional development in the works in the area?

They planning on rail to bring Tulsa gamblers out and back?

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=14043576&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »

Highways done, now they need to see about those roof repairs....
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:01:10 pm »

Yeah, I've been through there since it was finished. Both 193rd and I-44 are very wide. In the case of I-44, there's a crap-ton of extra pavement, I guess so that if the state ever gets around to widening the part between 244 and the newly-rebuilt section all that will be required is a restriping.

And let's keep in mind that some of the most dysfunctional bits in the area are still there, namely the left exit eastbound onto OK-66 which people drive at about 5 miles an hour and the sharp curve eastbound that slows everything down. The 193rd widening was very much needed, though, and it's nice that the EB onramp is now extra-generous in length. (WB, not so much, but still better than before)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:04 pm »

I went through going to Claremore and back on Sunday.  It's great.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 04:34:59 pm »

I was really hoping this project would straighten out the east bound lane where it goes over the west bound Rt. 66 exit.  Nonetheless, this is a huge improvement.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 11:14:45 pm »

I was really hoping this project would straighten out the WEST bound lane where it goes over the EAST bound Rt. 66 exit.  Nonetheless, this is a huge improvement.

There ya go, fixed that for ya...and yes I completely agree with you.  Why that westbound dogleg is there to begin with is beyond me.  It must have something to do with the utility ROW from those huge cross country electric transmission towers that are there, that's all I can figure.   It's a wonder more people don't die coming into Tulsa from the east.  It used to be poorly lit on top of that, not sure now though.  That has to be one of the sharpest Interstate curves I've seen outside of a downtown loop.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:16:24 pm by bacjz00 » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:28:46 pm »

Have been through there quite a bit in the last couple weeks and it is good to see that we have finally made it to 1986.  Now all we gotta do is start calling our representatives so they will start bringing it up to 2011 needs/standards by 2026.  (We are always at least 30 years behind in northeast OK.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 11:35:20 pm »

Amen!!!!

LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 02:25:46 am »

Any additional development in the works in the area?

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=16747.0

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 08:11:18 am »

There ya go, fixed that for ya...and yes I completely agree with you.  Why that westbound dogleg is there to begin with is beyond me.  It must have something to do with the utility ROW from those huge cross country electric transmission towers that are there, that's all I can figure.   It's a wonder more people don't die coming into Tulsa from the east.  It used to be poorly lit on top of that, not sure now though.  That has to be one of the sharpest Interstate curves I've seen outside of a downtown loop.

Indeed... just used that bit yesterday.. I was on the inside lane with a Winnebego on the outside...  Harrowing.
I really thought they were going to straighten this out.. At least it appeared they were doing the dirt work.  Oh well
Not to mention this is also combined with the signage that indicates that Tulsa traffic must be in the right lane..

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:18:27 am by BKDotCom » Logged
In2neon
Citizen

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 12:10:13 am »

Stunned that they keep sayin it is finished, kinda bugs me....
Phase 1 is finished...
Phase 2 includes taking out the dog leg and doing a flyover for eastbound 412 to 66 east...
You can see bits of phase 2 in the strange configuration of some of the ramps....
An additional monopole structure was installed south of the highway  to raise the transmission lines and you can see proper alignment for taking out the dogleg in the dirtwork and the underground water passages that were reworked for the westbound being straight eventually...
There's just enough room around the older tower with the lines higher now...
Phase 2 includes something about the left turn 66 exit being turned around and reused for WB traffic on 66 and ties in somehow ( I haven't seen the drawing in a while)...
Parts of the dogleg will remain as the WB 193rd exit...

bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 10:03:20 pm »

Stunned that they keep sayin it is finished, kinda bugs me....
Phase 1 is finished...
Phase 2 includes taking out the dog leg and doing a flyover for eastbound 412 to 66 east...
You can see bits of phase 2 in the strange configuration of some of the ramps....
An additional monopole structure was installed south of the highway  to raise the transmission lines and you can see proper alignment for taking out the dogleg in the dirtwork and the underground water passages that were reworked for the westbound being straight eventually...
There's just enough room around the older tower with the lines higher now...
Phase 2 includes something about the left turn 66 exit being turned around and reused for WB traffic on 66 and ties in somehow ( I haven't seen the drawing in a while)...
Parts of the dogleg will remain as the WB 193rd exit...

This is great news!!!  And frankly the first I've EVER heard of any of it!!  Do you have a link you could provide?  Not saying I don't believe you but I'd really like to see some drawings if indeed they exist.  Good stuff!

In2neon
Citizen

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 11:26:04 pm »

I simply Emailed odot and asked for it...
It shows a phase 1 and phase 2 I am not sure if I should post the drawing here but if someone has seen it as a public  document then post a link to it...

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 08:42:42 am »

It shows a phase 1 and phase 2 I am not sure if I should post the drawing here but if someone has seen it as a public  document then post a link to it...
Was there a non-disclosure agreement?
It's a public project, payed for with public dollars, and an open bidding process.
Just because ODOT's information dissemination sucks doesn't mean it's not public information..

ODOT needs to use google maps showing future projects, projects in bid, and under construction...   with site plans, etc 

It's impossible to find anything...  except for some cryptic worthless outdated spreadsheet
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 12:38:30 pm »

Um ...ok...I'll bite.  I emailed them.  Very much doubt that I hear back though lol.  Theirs department only exists through public funding, not sure what your reluctance is.  Did they ask you what your intent was before emailing you the drawings?  If you want, you can email them directly to me at bacjz00 at yahoo dot com.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org