A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:24:02 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casa Bonita Closed AGAIN  (Read 41029 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 02:46:39 pm »

http://www.ktul.com/story/16492410/casa-bonita-returns-sort-of

They have a new fail plan it seems, dance club with steaks and burgers.

I see future police blotter fodder in the future.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »

Kitchell?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 02:51:13 pm »

Kitchell?

Except for location it sure sounds like his mother doesn't it?
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 03:32:27 pm »

OK....let's play a game. Predict when they will close down. This is hard because Fusion should be long gone but they're still open. My guess is this venue must have more food sales than lickher.

I will make a stab at a Jan.1, 2014 closing without any idea of the tenants' credit worthiness....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 03:41:32 pm »

Just a blind guess. . .they will close in August after complaints, shootings, illegal drug activity, or a other problems.  There will be pending law-suits that will keep the property from being reutilized for 2 years after.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 06:43:55 pm »

Gaaawwwwwdddddd!!  What a joke!

My scorn and disdain for that concept may mean they have just the idea that may be a success.  I'm sure everyone remembers that biker bar on 15th, east of Lewis called "Snake Pit"?  Even they had a clientele - went there myself from time to time....

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:45:57 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 11:00:18 pm »

I've been informed it's to be a country bar.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 08:25:14 am »

I've been informed it's to be a country bar.

Even better!  Gilleys, Tulsa!

Maybe they could get some Gilleys mugs!  He's got a lot of them left over.  Contact the American Pickers guys - they bought a couple cases recently.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 08:28:20 am »

Even better!  Gilleys, Tulsa!

Maybe they could get some Gilleys mugs!  He's got a lot of them left over.  Contact the American Pickers guys - they bought a couple cases recently.

My parents frequented Gilley's in Houston in the early 80's.  My mother enjoyed the musical stylings.  I believe my father was being nice.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 06:59:42 am »

Apparently I missed my opportunity for a flag:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/bfs/2797704565.html
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:13 am »

Can this guy even put together a sentence...I think he has big dreams..and a lack of conversational skills.

"It's like going, if you're going out to Hard Rock, you're going to be going to the club Fusion, nice dance club, but then you'll notice if you want to go over here to a blues room, where you can hear blues, so you got a lot of different atmospheres here,"

Club Fusion has been around THIS WEEK for 7 years,(I am friends with the owners, but I don't really go there) why, because the owners have brains, they know how to run a bar/club, AS A BUSINESS. Its a good thing for a few reason, gives people a place to go that is safe, the owners don't putup with BS and they have a great working relationship with the Tulsa PD.

I can't remember another club that has been around for 7 years. Sure they cater to the more urban crowd than the "white people" but it works! Plus I am sure they have massively less overhead than this "casa bonita club" will have. It will be interesting to see how long this place last's.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:20:23 am by zstyles » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 09:32:29 am »

They could turn it into a gentleman's club.  Those seem to do well and display longevity in that area.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 09:33:10 am »

Can this guy even put together a sentence...I think he has big dreams..and a lack of conversational skills.

"It's like going, if you're going out to Hard Rock, you're going to be going to the club Fusion, nice dance club, but then you'll notice if you want to go over here to a blues room, where you can hear blues, so you got a lot of different atmospheres here,"

Club Fusion has been around THIS WEEK for 7 years,(I am friends with the owners, but I don't really go there) why, because the owners have brains, they know how to run a bar/club, AS A BUSINESS. Its a good thing for a few reason, gives people a place to go that is safe, the owners don't putup with BS and they have a great working relationship with the Tulsa PD.

I can't remember another club that has been around for 7 years. Sure they cater to the more urban crowd than the "white people" but it works! Plus I am sure they have massively less overhead than this "casa bonita club" will have. It will be interesting to see how long this place last's.

Has FAIL written all over it.  Six months.  Tops.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 11:05:17 am »

I think today is when they start auctioning off all the Casa Bonita stuff.
The big gaudy chaser light sign on the front was so much the place's identity and it's "alive-ness". Ill actually miss that.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 12:36:08 pm »

I think today is when they start auctioning off all the Casa Bonita stuff.
The big gaudy chaser light sign on the front was so much the place's identity and it's "alive-ness". Ill actually miss that.

It was Saturday. see my post above.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org