A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:32:01 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Senator submits bill that violates the 14th Amendment  (Read 17836 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 04:17:18 pm »

Will the “Battle of Bull Run” be coming to the BOK in the future to explain in eighth grade terms what Moses was able to do with the ten commandments whereas  a small band of Spaniards was to lay waste to three superior empires? 

Does anyone stop to think we are the aliens who are choking on interpretations of what was the intent of a group of English renegades?

Our constitution has come to where past decisions clutter our thinking, now of such a magnitude that our mental capacity is being effected?         

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 04:18:48 pm »

If, as the TulsaNow constitutional scholars seem to be claiming, the 14th amendment clearly means that all babies born on US soil are automatically citizens of the US, then what is the meaning of the restrictive language "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"? 

Another interpretation - if a child is born here to parents with diplomatic immunity, that child and his parents are not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.  The child would not be a citizen...I think.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 04:46:22 pm »

How do we prove that a child was born here? 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »

I don't know..how do we prove you were born here?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacks fan
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 09:07:59 pm »

All births that are recorded at hospitals or elsewhere, that have certificates of them recorded to the state in which they happened to that states DHS. After that, I think it would become the states responsibility to document the status of the nationality and legal status of the parents.

Or am I just being logical and simplifying, that this will never happen?
dbacks fan
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 09:35:37 pm »

On a side note, Arizona is looking at requiring that people with non-life threatening health issues be checked for citizenship before treatment to alieviate ER overcrowding.

http://www.ktar.com/?sid=1385137&nid=509
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 09:50:26 pm »

On a side note, Arizona is looking at requiring that people with non-life threatening health issues be checked for citizenship before treatment to alieviate ER overcrowding.

http://www.ktar.com/?sid=1385137&nid=509

The one salient detail I left out on my comment about "us" being on TV.  Of course the usual groups are calling the Ok and Az laws "hateful".

You are a little more left than me, but live in a state where resources are stretched thin due to either a federal or state indifference (apparently more federal) to immigration laws and how that affects state budgets, and have a realistic view of it.  Do you think many people underestimate the burden illegal immigration places on all of us?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 10:17:33 pm »

Do you think many people underestimate the burden illegal immigration places on all of us?

Yes I do, only because I live in one of the states affected by illegal immigration, or I guess directly affected. There is so much that is not carried nationally, but is in the media here, and Southern California, and New Mexico, that never sees the light of day in the rest of the media. About five years ago, the former Mrs. was turned away from an emergency room, because they could not take anymore patients, so we spent time going to another ER, when she was suffering from pneumonia. The second time was when she contracted menegitis, and was in the isolation ward while they tried to determine which form it was, and I was informed by the ER doc, that menengitis cases were on the rise because of people coming to the US undocumented and unchecked. There has been a rise in menengitis, TB, and other diseases in the southwest because of the influx of undocumented aliens. When was the last time that TB was a concern?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 01:45:09 am »

That sounds suspiciously like the illegal leper scare they were having in Arkansas a couple of years ago.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
shadows
City Father

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 02:36:23 pm »

That is a good question as we have been unable to determine where the president of United States was born up to this day.

Remember the US national shrine (The Alamo) was built by Mexico as a church and is a shrine only because Mexico destroyed all the US defenders.

The arguments are as moot as “The little big Horn and Remember the Alamo are”,

The ironic part is that with limited tools the Great wall was erected some 1400 feet long whereas we have abandoned the short wall between Mexico and the United States presume because of graft, lack of engineering and shortage of funds.       

The machine that was designed either by the creator or nature to produce armies for defense, who’s ability to produce such has been curtailed by the pill as this machine come to a silent shutdown.  The ultimate end we seek will bring defeat within the next decades. The days of which we were superior, regardless of God or nature is on the horizon.       

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 02:40:00 pm »

That is a good question as we have been unable to determine where the president of United States was born up to this day.

Remember the US national shrine (The Alamo) was built by Mexico as a church and is a shrine only because Mexico destroyed all the US defenders.

The arguments are as moot as “The little big Horn and Remember the Alamo are”,

The ironic part is that with limited tools the Great wall was erected some 1400 feet long whereas we have abandoned the short wall between Mexico and the United States presume because of graft, lack of engineering and shortage of funds.       

The machine that was designed either by the creator or nature to produce armies for defense, who’s ability to produce such has been curtailed by the pill as this machine come to a silent shutdown.  The ultimate end we seek will bring defeat within the next decades. The days of which we were superior, regardless of God or nature is on the horizon.       

OK, I know my decoder ring is around here somewhere....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
shadows
City Father

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2011, 03:17:05 pm »

OK, I know my decoder ring is around here somewhere....
I am sure that you will be provided with a new ring for those who can and will see a new generation of a ghostly protecting army. We are on the razor edge when race becomes an unspeakable issue.  The bill being discussed is a selective racial issue. Stand by because the events  are over 5 centuries old and will not go away and the ring you seek could be knocking on your door on the norrow.   

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »

I am sure that you will be provided with a new ring for those who can and will see a new generation of a ghostly protecting army. We are on the razor edge when race becomes an unspeakable issue.  The bill being discussed is a selective racial issue. Stand by because the events  are over 5 centuries old and will not go away and the ring you seek could be knocking on your door on the norrow.   

Wow....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 05:10:53 am »

Wow....

Tell me about it - it's like Yoda joined the Klan.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:05 am »

Tell me about it - it's like Yoda joined the Klan.
No, I'm pretty sure that if it was Yoda, I would have a clue of what he was talking about.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org