A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:07:01 am
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351661 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #675 on: March 21, 2023, 09:30:47 pm »

Ugh, how much crap do people need?

Enough that 2 days after trash day you don't say I wish I'd kept that.

Grin

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #676 on: May 02, 2023, 02:15:00 pm »

Houligans' official story is their business is fine, but they were approached with an offer they couldn't refuse for the building. I guess we'll see when the assessor's office updates their records how believable that is. I can't say I ever saw the building going up for sale anywhere so it's possible.

The McKee building next to Houligans sold back in 2020 to a cluster of LLCs which appear to be local realtors (well - one of the LLCs appears to be - couldn't find much info on the other ones). I know when we were buying our building, our broker mentioned he and another broker had bought several buildings to speculate on - seems like a lucrative side hustle. I would think expanding the McKee building outwards over Houligans would be a better move and more in fitting with the area than building something new and tall there, especially with the limited footprint.

Houlligans' / Snoozers was bulldozed today, so we may soon see.   https://goo.gl/maps/wo2Qih7ckfriCVRB8

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #677 on: May 03, 2023, 06:23:15 am »

They stay full and it's a less-risky place for people to park their money, similar to car washes. 

Breaking Bad reference...well done.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #678 on: May 03, 2023, 06:25:17 am »

Houligan's was razed?  Oh hell, my GF is gonna be mad...she lives pretty close and would go there pretty frequently.  Looks like she'll have to go to 51st and Yale for that.

EDIT:  Yep, I found it on the TW.  They had also changed the name of the 15th Street location last time I went.  Wasn't a big change, but enough to notice it for those of us that went semi-regularly.  I remember when they had one out at 61st and Mingo for a time.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 06:35:32 am by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #679 on: May 03, 2023, 08:56:26 am »

Snoozers. There's a name I hadn't thought of in a while. Spent many a Friday or Saturday night there back in 81/82.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #680 on: May 03, 2023, 06:53:05 pm »

Snoozers. There's a name I hadn't thought of in a while. Spent many a Friday or Saturday night there back in 81/82.

https://www.fox23.com/news/bros-houligan-demolition-underway-in-midtown-tulsa/article_018c0694-f397-5e5d-bd61-1350458eb238.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #681 on: May 03, 2023, 10:57:31 pm »

IIRC, KL Snoozers was gutted by a fire before it became Bros. Houligan. I went to Houligan's the first time in 1992 and looking around, and the waitress looked at me and said something to the effect of "You must have come here when it was Snoozers. It was one of the first bars I went to as well."
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #682 on: May 05, 2023, 05:28:29 am »

/ sorry - couldn't resist
// if only I'd posted this on May 4th
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #683 on: May 05, 2023, 09:02:47 am »

IIRC, KL Snoozers was gutted by a fire before it became Bros. Houligan. I went to Houligan's the first time in 1992 and looking around, and the waitress looked at me and said something to the effect of "You must have come here when it was Snoozers. It was one of the first bars I went to as well."

Seth, the owner, named the bar after his cat. He didnt have insurance when the fire destroyed his business.
It was a very "walkable" neighborhood establishment.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #684 on: May 08, 2023, 09:54:24 am »

/ sorry - couldn't resist
// if only I'd posted this on May 4th

It's like when Night Trips used to be Molly Murphy's.  I remember doing my graduation dinner at Molly Murphy's.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #685 on: May 08, 2023, 05:27:31 pm »

It's like when Night Trips used to be Molly Murphy's.  I remember doing my graduation dinner at Molly Murphy's.

I went to highschool with some friends that worked at Molly's. I think I ate at the one in Tulsa twice, and the one in OKC maybe two or three times. Never asked where the bathroom was, did not want to be part of the "Potty Train". There was another place like Molly's called Bobby McGees that I went to in Arlington near Six Flags. The food was okay but the night club at McGees was a lot of fun.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #686 on: May 08, 2023, 05:29:40 pm »

Seth, the owner, named the bar after his cat. He didnt have insurance when the fire destroyed his business.
It was a very "walkable" neighborhood establishment.

Wasn't Impressions just up the street from there? I seem to remember going there and then walking over to Snoozers afterwards.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #687 on: May 09, 2023, 08:49:52 am »

Wasn't Impressions just up the street from there? I seem to remember going there and then walking over to Snoozers afterwards.

Impressions had a distinctive solar roof on the NE corner of 15th & Lewis, where a lube shop is now, and a theater across the street. How far that intersection has fallen in the years.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #688 on: May 09, 2023, 10:21:41 am »

Impressions had a distinctive solar roof on the NE corner of 15th & Lewis, where a lube shop is now, and a theater across the street. How far that intersection has fallen in the years.

I remember going to see some movie as a kid and sitting in the balcony at the Delman.

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/8848

It's been interesting watching the redevelopment of 15th even before I moved. Utica to Peoria they did a good job, Harvard to the BA looks to be coming along, Utica meh, Lewis just looks like crap.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #689 on: May 09, 2023, 04:13:28 pm »

I went to highschool with some friends that worked at Molly's. I think I ate at the one in Tulsa twice, and the one in OKC maybe two or three times. Never asked where the bathroom was, did not want to be part of the "Potty Train". There was another place like Molly's called Bobby McGees that I went to in Arlington near Six Flags. The food was okay but the night club at McGees was a lot of fun.

Yep, you always made sure you 'do your business' before you get there, lest you get embarrassed when you ask...

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org