A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:13:38 pm
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351706 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #630 on: December 12, 2021, 07:26:39 pm »

Very cool, Hatch will do extremely well there. It's unbelievably popular in OKC.

Hatch is also opening a Jenks location that is further along.  They are affiliated with Sidecar (same owner).  There is also a steakhouse and bar called The Hemingway that is planned for the 1515 building.  I don't know when they plan to open though.

https://www.thehemingway1515.com/

What do we need to do get some decent Indian food in Midtown?  I think we're good with steakhouses, pizza and tacos.   Wink

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #631 on: December 13, 2021, 09:27:03 am »

I agree, could use a few more unique options.... The Hemingway sounds very intriguing.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #632 on: December 24, 2021, 01:44:15 pm »

Remodeling going on inside the Cherry Street Salata. Any news?

I liked the concept but their location was a huge waste of space.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #633 on: December 27, 2021, 02:09:40 pm »

Remodeling going on inside the Cherry Street Salata. Any news?

I liked the concept but their location was a huge waste of space.

I thought their was a sign there for IV Nutrition, a place where you can get a saline IV, for, you know, athletes, and not drunks.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #634 on: December 29, 2021, 10:38:29 am »

I thought their was a sign there for IV Nutrition, a place where you can get a saline IV, for, you know, athletes, and not drunks.

I guess if your not shy about needles you might not care about getting a venipuncture in an Amsterdam-ish storefront instead of a medical office.

Its a shame they couldnt keep one Salata open but its not their fault, restaurants have been dropping like flies this month.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #635 on: December 29, 2021, 11:40:20 am »

I guess if your not shy about needles you might not care about getting a venipuncture in an Amsterdam-ish storefront instead of a medical office.

Its a shame they couldnt keep one Salata open but its not their fault, restaurants have been dropping like flies this month.

Salata just picked a dumb location given how much of their business is driven by the lunch crowd, add in COVID with office employees largely working from home and there was no chance of it surviving given the rental rates on Cherry Street. They would have likely survived downtown or in another area that was slightly less expensive rent wise.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #636 on: February 14, 2022, 03:31:14 pm »

So the gas station and other building they tore down on the NW corner of 15th and Utica is being sodded, so no immediate plans, just a bigger vacant lot in a key location. My guess is most of it was just to tear down that wall where homeless people sometimes gathered for shade. Disappointing in so many ways.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #637 on: February 14, 2022, 10:42:21 pm »

So the gas station and other building they tore down on the NW corner of 15th and Utica is being sodded, so no immediate plans, just a bigger vacant lot in a key location. My guess is most of it was just to tear down that wall where homeless people sometimes gathered for shade. Disappointing in so many ways.

I’m still hearing this will be an office building at the Utica corner with apartments on Troost.  Currently the developer, BAM Properties, is looking to find an anchor tenant and secure financing.  The portion closer to 14th will be built in a later phase.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #638 on: June 09, 2022, 11:00:24 am »

Reddit says that Hatch pulled out of the Subway cherry street location 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #639 on: June 09, 2022, 11:40:57 am »

Seems so since there's been no progress still. Just about impossible to start a restaurant these days with costs and staffing issues all over the place. McNellies had to close down one to open their new Red Light Chicken place.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #640 on: June 09, 2022, 12:01:32 pm »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bummer that would’ve been great at that location.  Maybe the group that owns Nola’s/Kilkenny’s (Watershed) or the one that owns Roosevelt’s would be interested in doing something here.  It seems like restaurant groups can shed a lot of the inherent risk opening up a new concept.

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #641 on: June 09, 2022, 12:17:56 pm »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dang. That's the biggest eyesore in all of Tulsa.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #642 on: June 10, 2022, 07:00:10 am »

Dang. That's the biggest eyesore in all of Tulsa.

After the entirety of Garnett, all the empty car lots on 11th, & the 244 corridor.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #643 on: July 05, 2022, 03:02:03 pm »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I heard today they are still proceeding and it will be a 3 story building with Hatch as one of the tenants. 

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #644 on: August 25, 2022, 09:49:12 am »

Getting the sinking suspicion that Prosperity Bank is building a standard drive-through bank on the corner of 21st and Utica. Really hope I'm proved wrong, as it could be a really cool corner.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org