A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:01:27 am
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 356023 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #585 on: October 03, 2021, 08:34:59 pm »

Anyone heard anything about new condos planned for 21st & Main?  This is the site adjacent to the bank.  This is all I could find:

https://steve-easley.com/project/21-main-condos/

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #586 on: October 10, 2021, 02:26:27 pm »

Sidecar, the rooftop bar on Cherry Street, is supposed to open later this month.  Are the apartments complete and leasing?  Seems like that project has taken forever to build.  HOPEFULLY the old Subway next door is next in line to be renovated.

Sidecar opens October 12

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #587 on: October 11, 2021, 07:36:23 pm »

Some interior pics of Sidecar at 15th & St Louis

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #588 on: October 12, 2021, 09:21:42 am »

Looks great! And I saw this weekend that Foxy Taco's patio was busy for the football game. Nice developments.

On that note, the weird pizza place in the Foxy Taco spot had to be some sort of tax scheme, right? I mean they tore out the best part of the property, an outdoor bar, and tried to compete with Andolinis, Hideaway, and Prarie Fire. That had zero chance of success. Literally everyone I know said it would fail. How was it even a thing?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #589 on: October 12, 2021, 11:58:31 am »

Anyone heard anything about new condos planned for 21st & Main?  This is the site adjacent to the bank.  This is all I could find:

I feel like they have redesigned that condo tower 6 times now. They have been talking about that property since I was a kid, but nothing ever gets off the ground. Those floor heights are something else. Must be some two story high ceilings on the upper levels.

Sidecar looks great. Sounds like they will have several locations since they are putting in a similar rooftop bar in Jenks.

Foxy Taco's is already open? That's awesome. Seems like they poked along on that one too. Today is a great day for Cherry street!
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #590 on: October 12, 2021, 12:16:00 pm »

Previous tenant was Crushed Red... you're right that they were in a tough location to succeed. I did enjoy it though, healthy options.

We went to Foxy Tacos this weekend... ate out on the patio and really enjoyed it. Crushed Red really underutilized the space, I think it'll be very busy for sports and nice days.

SideCar looks great! Can't wait to check it out... feel like that building in general took a really long time.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #591 on: October 12, 2021, 03:24:52 pm »

I feel like they have redesigned that condo tower 6 times now. They have been talking about that property since I was a kid, but nothing ever gets off the ground. Those floor heights are something else. Must be some two story high ceilings on the upper levels.

I think you are thinking of the other parcel that Coury owns at 21st & Boston, and is currently for sale.  Originally proposed as a boutique hotel called The Maple (below) I think this would be a good condo site.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #592 on: October 21, 2021, 02:54:06 pm »

Some interior pics of Sidecar at 15th & St Louis

Apparently they are open and the loud music from the roof is not a big hit with the neighborhood.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #593 on: October 25, 2021, 10:33:26 am »

https://steve-easley.com/project/21-main-condos/

I think this site is still for sale - probably just a concept plan. Condo's have been proposed there so many times and seems like the neighborhood has a lot of sway there and aren't going to allow any type of high-rise to be built. All the houses on the south side of those lots are in the million dollar range now in value. The sites are zoned for density so it's always baffled me a bit in that there's probably plenty you could already do there without needing to get a zoning change or any variances so I don't understand why those sites haven't developed yet. They're really not that expensive anymore compared to what land prices are going for elsewhere - they were way over priced for a while but the market has caught up to them.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #594 on: October 25, 2021, 10:35:30 am »

New project that has passed council:

Small building rehab into retail at 18th & Cincinnati - nice looking project

http://www.tulsaplanning.org/tmapc/cases/Z-7626.pdf

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #595 on: October 25, 2021, 12:23:41 pm »

I know Elliot Nelson is part of the project at 18th & Cincinnati, anyone know what kind of concept will be going in here and their timeline for construction?

Hoping this helps spur redevelopment of the old Louisianne building site that was torn down last year.  That would be the perfect spot for a restaurant/bar with a patio that connects directly to the MV Trail.  That patio would kill it on nice days. 

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #596 on: October 25, 2021, 01:01:36 pm »

^^Yes, we discussed that one on the last page when it was proposed. Good to hear it passed. That one parallel space is funny though.

Elliot has so many projects going on right now. This, Santa Fe Square, El Guapo's, and who knows what else. That's just Tulsa too. Wonder how much stuff they are still developing in LR and OKC.

I wish that other trailside project had taken off. If that proposal couldn't grow legs, it means the area still has a wait until there's enough interest to really take off. This development will certainly help, but there's still a general lack of cohesion to the area and other districts are already bigger and more popular. The trail helps set this area apart. If the city invested in some placemaking around the trail, it would help move things along. Make the trail/road crossing at 18th St. really big and flash, with maybe a large sign or something going over the road. Maybe some public art around the trail in this area or something.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #597 on: October 25, 2021, 01:57:26 pm »

^^Yes, we discussed that one on the last page when it was proposed. Good to hear it passed. That one parallel space is funny though.

Elliot has so many projects going on right now. This, Santa Fe Square, El Guapo's, and who knows what else. That's just Tulsa too. Wonder how much stuff they are still developing in LR and OKC.

I wish that other trailside project had taken off. If that proposal couldn't grow legs, it means the area still has a wait until there's enough interest to really take off. This development will certainly help, but there's still a general lack of cohesion to the area and other districts are already bigger and more popular. The trail helps set this area apart. If the city invested in some placemaking around the trail, it would help move things along. Make the trail/road crossing at 18th St. really big and flash, with maybe a large sign or something going over the road. Maybe some public art around the trail in this area or something.

I think the Knoll at Maple Ridge was just bad timing trying to get off the ground in 2020.  That site is great too with the big trees but is more tucked away.  I'd like to see another brewery with outdoor seating in this area with American Solera gone, that could really help draw people in and be a popular spot to stop along the trail.  The MV trail should see even more use once they finish the Pedestrian Bridge.  That is a gem that connects so many different neighborhoods and is still really under-utilized.

You already have TXMZ, FarmBar, Dalessandro's and Burnco that are popular places along with live music venues/bars like Venue Shrine and Mercury Lounge.  Doubleshot moving over to Boulder took away a lot of the morning/afternoon crowd.  Agree the area needs some city investment in a streetscape and roundabout at 18th & Boston.  It has a true neighborhood feel unlike any other district in Tulsa which is also its downfall because it's kind of hidden. 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #598 on: October 25, 2021, 03:41:19 pm »

I think this site is still for sale - probably just a concept plan. Condo's have been proposed there so many times and seems like the neighborhood has a lot of sway there and aren't going to allow any type of high-rise to be built. All the houses on the south side of those lots are in the million dollar range now in value. The sites are zoned for density so it's always baffled me a bit in that there's probably plenty you could already do there without needing to get a zoning change or any variances so I don't understand why those sites haven't developed yet. They're really not that expensive anymore compared to what land prices are going for elsewhere - they were way over priced for a while but the market has caught up to them.

Something that looks like The Maple that was proposed for 21st & Boston but maybe 4 stories instead of 7 would probably work.  You are on 21st which is a detractor but would have views across the park and skyline. 

Last I checked the 21st & Boston property was for sale for $2.2M which is ~$1.5M/acre.  You would have to have a decent amount of condo or apartment density to be able to make that pencil. 

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #599 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:29 pm »

Something that looks like The Maple that was proposed for 21st & Boston but maybe 4 stories instead of 7 would probably work.  You are on 21st which is a detractor but would have views across the park and skyline. 
Last I checked the 21st & Boston property was for sale for $2.2M which is ~$1.5M/acre.  You would have to have a decent amount of condo or apartment density to be able to make that pencil. 

SW corner of 21st & Boston?  Tulsa County Assessor has that at a fair market value of $931,800.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org