A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:48 am
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351639 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #495 on: August 27, 2020, 10:21:10 am »

Still wondering about if The Maple is still an active project.  I know hotels are kind of dead in the water right now.  And last time I drove by there is a For Sale sign on this property.  I still would love to see this happen, if not a hotel then condos.  It's a great location for it.

https://www.couryhospitality.com/portfolio/the-maple/

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2020, 12:18:15 pm »

If the property is up for sale, I think it's safe to say it's dead. It was a great concept and location. Unfortunately it'll probably get replaced with a bank or dentist office or something eventually.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2020, 01:02:04 pm »

It’s mixed-use zoning so hopeful it’s something with some more density.  Condos would be a great fit here.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2020, 01:48:10 pm »

It’s mixed-use zoning so hopeful it’s something with some more density.  Condos would be a great fit here.

I doubt the neighbors will allow anything with much height to be built. They've successfully killed several other proposals and I'm pretty sure that hotel deal is dead too. Both of those land parcels between the bank and Cincinnati are owned by two different groups and both are still actively being marketed.

At some point something will go in there, the price they are asking for the land is pretty expensive so given the blow back from neighbors on higher density proposals it's hard to make anything work there at the moment.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2020, 08:16:01 pm »

Honest question, why do the surrounding neighbors have so much power to kill a higher density project?  If it fits the zoning which is mixed-use and isn’t out of character why should they dictate what goes here?  As far as neighborhood character there are existing apartments to the east and south and even high-rises in close proximity.  Unlike the Brookside31 site this is an empty lot that used to be a commercial property.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #500 on: August 27, 2020, 09:10:27 pm »

Honest question, why do the surrounding neighbors have so much power to kill a higher density project?  If it fits the zoning which is mixed-use and isn’t out of character why should they dictate what goes here?  As far as neighborhood character there are existing apartments to the east and south and even high-rises in close proximity.  Unlike the Brookside31 site this is an empty lot that used to be a commercial property.

If it was mixed use zoning you could do a lot more with the site, but it's mostly OM (medium office) and a small part is CS (commercial). The problem is with the FAR allowable density is only 0.50 so makes it hard to make a project work for that density with the land price being about $30.00 sq. ft. At some point when retail/office rents increase and places like Cherry Street run out of space you'll start seeing overflow into this area and at some point something will make sense. Also, given the size of the parcels you're likely going to have to do underground parking or podium parking, both of which are very expensive. 

The neighbors have kill a few rezoning attempts, one was a really long time ago and I think that developer wanted to build a high-rise condo project. The hotel developer talked to neighbors and didn't feel like they'd have a successful try getting the site up-zoned or at least enough push back they didn't feel like going through the fight to do it.

Given what's going on with the Brookside proposal, I do think if someone really wanted to do something on the site they could get approval for mixed-use or at least some PD approval.

There's just a lot of various factors with these two particular parcels that has scared a lot of people off. I've actually wanted to buy these two sites for several years, but just don't have the capital for it yet. I've had a few idea I think I could make work that wouldn't block views of the homes behind it and fit in with neighborhood. Maybe in a few years if they're still on the market. 
midtownlifer
Tourist

« Reply #501 on: October 19, 2020, 02:50:10 pm »

Walking by the old Mary's Trattoria a couple of days ago, I noticed the FOR LEASE sign was no longer posted. Does anyone know what's going on with that property? (Hopefully new restaurant)
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #502 on: October 31, 2020, 10:41:06 am »

New apartments off Harvard, 33 units - city approved a variance to allow 1 space per unit which is nice to see. We really need to get rid of the parking minimums in Tulsa and wish more developers would advocate for that.

https://tulsaworld.com/business/local/the-midtowner-to-add-midcentury-modern-feel-to-apartment-living/article_d99905a0-178d-11eb-ba46-cbfd8f4e2b3e.html#tracking-source=article-related-bottom

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #503 on: November 03, 2020, 04:01:43 pm »

The A&W/Long John Silver at 15th & Peoria is closed and boarded up.  Anyone know the plans for this key corner in Cherry Street? 

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #504 on: November 04, 2020, 08:17:51 am »

Google maps really chokes on this address for some reason
https://www.google.com/maps/search/3320+E.+37th+St
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #505 on: November 04, 2020, 08:22:22 am »

The A&W/Long John Silver at 15th & Peoria is closed and boarded up.  Anyone know the plans for this key corner in Cherry Street? 

It’s on the market for the development of your dreams - renovation or scrape and build. Just get some investors and go after it!

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1444-S-Peoria-Ave-Tulsa-OK/17128419/
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #506 on: November 05, 2020, 01:12:20 pm »

It’s on the market for the development of your dreams - renovation or scrape and build. Just get some investors and go after it!

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1444-S-Peoria-Ave-Tulsa-OK/17128419/

It's just for lease so it will be another fast food restaurant... it's too bad the owner doesn't put it up for sale too and you might see that corner redeveloped. 
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #507 on: November 05, 2020, 02:03:29 pm »

It's just for lease so it will be another fast food restaurant... it's too bad the owner doesn't put it up for sale too and you might see that corner redeveloped. 

The existing building is available for lease or the building can be scraped and ground leased.  Landlord would also consider a build to suit.

It’s almost certainly a triple-net lease so do whatever you want.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #508 on: November 05, 2020, 02:50:16 pm »

It’s almost certainly a triple-net lease so do whatever you want.

Ah gotcha, which a ground lease would most likely be a fast food chain still... you don't really see many local restaurants who want to build their own building and not own the land... but if they were willing to do a very long term land lease (75-99 years) you might have a developer willing to do something different with the site, so not entirely impossible for the site to be scrapped and something more walk-able be built in its place but probably unlikely to be anything different than a fast food chain repurposing the building to meet their layout.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2020, 06:06:59 pm »

Ah gotcha, which a ground lease would most likely be a fast food chain still... you don't really see many local restaurants who want to build their own building and not own the land... but if they were willing to do a very long term land lease (75-99 years) you might have a developer willing to do something different with the site, so not entirely impossible for the site to be scrapped and something more walk-able be built in its place but probably unlikely to be anything different than a fast food chain repurposing the building to meet their layout.

Something like what they did at Roosevelt's or 1515 Cherry would be awesome at this location. 

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org