A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:41 pm
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351802 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #420 on: September 09, 2019, 07:20:19 pm »

The gas station / tire repair / vacant-for-a-decade eyesore at 15th & Yale (next to the SWAT shop) was bulldozed at last.
Please tell me it wont be another dollar (or five-dollar) store.

https://goo.gl/maps/eefBH6aZyk916CY37

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #421 on: September 10, 2019, 11:05:56 am »

Probably CVS. Every Walgreens needs a CVS nearby. It's the law.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #422 on: September 10, 2019, 01:20:04 pm »

That corner needs a high quality T-Mobile and California Nails store.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #423 on: September 11, 2019, 10:52:26 am »

that area's a CBD desert
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #424 on: December 12, 2019, 11:58:43 am »

A New Pizza Place is coming to 17th and Utica (Still part of "Cherry Street" boundary when you google that).

https://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyles/photo/gallery-the-food-and-the-decor-check-out-the-new/collection_865d8a54-81dd-5ac5-a7b6-824c0810d979.html#13

Just in case you were thinking: what is the one thing we don't have enough of around Cherry Street? "I know! A pizza place!"

It looks really good. In a bit of a weird spot, just off Utica, almost out of sight for 90% of people driving by. Hopefully they intend to do mostly delivery and pickup rather than depend on people dropping in.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #425 on: December 12, 2019, 02:23:40 pm »

A New Pizza Place is coming to 17th and Utica (Still part of "Cherry Street" boundary when you google that).

https://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyles/photo/gallery-the-food-and-the-decor-check-out-the-new/collection_865d8a54-81dd-5ac5-a7b6-824c0810d979.html#13

Just in case you were thinking: what is the one thing we don't have enough of around Cherry Street? "I know! A pizza place!"

It looks really good. In a bit of a weird spot, just off Utica, almost out of sight for 90% of people driving by. Hopefully they intend to do mostly delivery and pickup rather than depend on people dropping in.

"Genetic flaw". Love it!

That's probably why I found myself in the brewpub business.  Anyone in their right mind doesn't get into the restaurant business  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #426 on: December 12, 2019, 08:16:52 pm »

A New Pizza Place is coming to 17th and Utica

Coming or opened in Oct?

That's a super tough spot.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #427 on: December 13, 2019, 03:51:05 pm »

Coming or opened in Oct?

That's a super tough spot.

It says it's opened now on google/yelp.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #428 on: December 13, 2019, 03:54:07 pm »

"Genetic flaw". Love it!

That's probably why I found myself in the brewpub business.  Anyone in their right mind doesn't get into the restaurant business  Grin

haha! I'm just joking but also befuddled as an outside observer. I see all the types of food the area is lacking and can't believe another pizza place is going in! @e need an Indian place near downtown/midtown. Why can't any of these entrepreneurs get into that? Or there's a demand for casual cajun food after 5pm in downtown/midtown (not sit down/fancy like NOLA's, Peacemaker or Docs).  Like LaSalles but open after lunchtime. Guaranteed business in a near monopoly for anyone who does that.

Another one: A "Fair Food" restaurant: Corndogs, funnel cakes, turkey legs, fried stuff... How hasn't anyone come up with something like that? It could be a small kiosk or food truck. Maybe it's because no one wants to pay $5-$10 outside of a ticketed enclosure miles to the next restaurant. Sonic is pretty close also. Just about as sickening to eat.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #429 on: December 13, 2019, 04:53:21 pm »

We need more indian food places so badly in this metro. Crazy how underrepresented it is. You go to most other major metros and it's a common staple. We have three indian restaurants that I am familiar with, and only one is reasonably easy for me to get to. None are located near DT.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #430 on: December 13, 2019, 05:35:51 pm »

We need more indian food places so badly in this metro. Crazy how underrepresented it is. You go to most other major metros and it's a common staple. We have three indian restaurants that I am familiar with, and only one is reasonably easy for me to get to. None are located near DT.

And the most popular is Pakistani.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #431 on: December 15, 2019, 11:10:51 am »

We tried to eat at Smoke when we were in town for our Thanksgiving visit but wait would have been too long so we walked down to Prossimo and had an amazing meal.  Great new addition to Cherry St.!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #432 on: December 15, 2019, 10:00:16 pm »

Take the bus to BA.   Tandoori Guys.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #433 on: December 23, 2019, 05:54:34 pm »

Took some pictures of the former Corner Cafe on my way home from work today.  It looks great, IMO.

Managed to get the new Aero bus in this pic.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #434 on: December 24, 2019, 11:50:39 am »

That corner will be the epicenter of transit when the 11th St. BRT is installed. I think it would be neat if the abandoned auto shop accross the street was bought by the city and made a sort of transit hub (not a park and ride obviously, not enough room, but something).
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org