A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:25:51 am
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 349678 times)
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #330 on: August 03, 2018, 11:58:50 am »

Please God No Acorns (over 1000 Lumens). 

The Blue Dome lights look nice, would like to see us get away from the cold-blue welding-torch look of early LEDs.

Upcoming public meeting scheduled Aug. 13 about the design of a street rehabilitation project planned for E. 15th St., between S. Lewis Ave. and S. Harvard Ave. The meeting will be at 6 p.m. in Christ the King Catholic Church, 1520 S. Rockford Ave. The street design isn't yet final, but is probably pretty close. So this is the last chance to let people know what you would like.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #331 on: August 03, 2018, 12:21:35 pm »

Upcoming public meeting scheduled Aug. 13 about the design of a street rehabilitation project planned for E. 15th St., between S. Lewis Ave. and S. Harvard Ave. The meeting will be at 6 p.m. in Christ the King Catholic Church, 1520 S. Rockford Ave. The street design isn't yet final, but is probably pretty close. So this is the last chance to let people know what you would like.

Great, thank you.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #332 on: August 20, 2018, 10:02:17 am »

I was just looking at this on Google streets going back to 2007 and it looks like in the last 11 years a lot of remodeling has been done to these two buildings. Could it be that with all of the changes before 2007 and those since, that the cost of a new remodel and bringing it up to code exceeds the cost of building new?

Now there is yellow sign providing notice of a "requested zoning change" in front of the old La Madeline.  Rut roh.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #333 on: August 20, 2018, 02:08:46 pm »

Now there is yellow sign providing notice of a "requested zoning change" in front of the old La Madeline.  Rut roh.
I was told that it was being converted to retail. That wouldn't require a zoning change, would it?
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #334 on: August 20, 2018, 03:38:21 pm »

Mixed use with upstairs residential?  Maybe?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #335 on: August 20, 2018, 03:43:46 pm »

I was told that it was being converted to retail. That wouldn't require a zoning change, would it?

As a guess, it might require the zoning change to retail from food and beverage because the building codes are different? I'm thinking fire suppression, electrical, plumbing requirement and HVAC?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #336 on: September 11, 2018, 10:36:23 am »

So I understand that Lucky's is done.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #337 on: September 11, 2018, 12:52:20 pm »

It definitely appears that way from the curb.
Tulsa World
I guess their luck ran out
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: September 11, 2018, 05:29:24 pm »

It definitely appears that way from the curb.
Tulsa World
I guess their luck ran out

Seemed to work well for Matt & Brooke.  Change of ownership must have made the difference aside from I think Matt was the chef prior to the sale.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #339 on: September 13, 2018, 07:03:11 am »

I think its going to change to "spudders north"
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #340 on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:09 pm »

Anyone noticed some narrow homes going up on the former parking lots at 14th & Cheyenne?  This is the site where townhomes were once proposed near the old synagogue.  It would be great to see more of this on those lots between Boulder and Cheyenne.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2018, 12:24:42 pm »

Anyone noticed some narrow homes going up on the former parking lots at 14th & Cheyenne?  This is the site where townhomes were once proposed near the old synagogue.  It would be great to see more of this on those lots between Boulder and Cheyenne.

Those are called Carlton Place town homes, there will be six to start and possibly more stretching down to 15th St.

Really happy to see the parking lots finally being filled up. My only quibble is that there are like five windows (all on one side) in these things and they don't present to the street at all.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #342 on: September 19, 2018, 08:57:48 am »

Those are called Carlton Place town homes, there will be six to start and possibly more stretching down to 15th St.

Really happy to see the parking lots finally being filled up. My only quibble is that there are like five windows (all on one side) in these things and they don't present to the street at all.

I get what you're saying, a couple more windows would be better.  Something more like the Tudors on 22nd.  Hopefully this leads to more infill in the neighborhood.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #343 on: September 26, 2018, 09:13:01 am »

I'm less upset now about them tearing out the patio at D'vina.  Looks like a full makeover of this into retail and office and what looks like a patio space for a cafe.  Looks like it will be a nice development.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2018, 10:02:20 am »

Good to see, though too bad they couldn't keep the big trees.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org