A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:05:35 pm
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351690 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2018, 10:29:43 pm »

Say, what...??   Don't want us to come visit...??

I can understand...lol...

But of course, I thought that was an unsaid invitation.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #316 on: June 19, 2018, 08:21:37 am »

But of course, I thought that was an unsaid invitation.

No, no, no...too late now!   You specifically pointed out Hoss and invited, but very carefully did not invite in this direction...!   I can tell - you don't want us to come enjoy good barbeque...!   Well, we may just try to get by there anyway, if we get a chance, even if you don't want us...     Lol...!

I know...this post ain't 'polished'... I need more practice at "petulant child" approach...    Hey, Breadburner, (or guido??)  can you help me out some with that??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #317 on: June 19, 2018, 08:30:00 am »

Building a patio into the parking lot as part of Society Burger is a nice addition to the neighborhood.

I can't believe they tore out the patio and all of the trees in front of the old Does Eat Place / D'vina.  Restaurants have had a tough go of it in that spot, but to tear out the nice thing about it along with all of the trees?  I just don't get it.  If they pave it over to accommodate a few cars, I'll just give up completely.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #318 on: June 19, 2018, 10:41:57 am »

I can't believe they tore out the patio and all of the trees in front of the old Does Eat Place / D'vina.  Restaurants have had a tough go of it in that spot, but to tear out the nice thing about it along with all of the trees?  I just don't get it.  If they pave it over to accommodate a few cars, I'll just give up completely.

That's a shame.  It was the only thing that kept us coming back to try it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #319 on: June 19, 2018, 12:46:32 pm »

Building a patio into the parking lot as part of Society Burger is a nice addition to the neighborhood.

I thought they were just expanding/rebuilding the patio there?

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2018, 09:28:22 am »

I thought they were just expanding/rebuilding the patio there?

I have no idea.  That would be nice.  But they mowed down all the trees and plants. 
rebound
City Father

« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2018, 10:05:50 am »

I have no idea.  That would be nice.  But they mowed down all the trees and plants. 

Also no idea, but most of successful patios in Tulsa are fully covered, with misters, etc.  (Maybe all of them.  I'm trying to think of one that isn't fully covered, with some kind of cooling mechanism.)  So, the trees have to go.    I hope they do it right, as that will add one more spot that we can take the dog to.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2018, 08:46:20 am »

The Nest announced that their building is being torn down.  The building next door (formerly La Madeline) is looking like it's being set up for demolition as well.  Seems strange since it's a decent building, similar to Full Moon/Crushed Red, and the renovation must have cost some money and was fairly recent.  Anyone know if the La Madeline building is coming down or if they are just doing new extensive renovations?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #323 on: July 23, 2018, 09:45:00 am »

The Nest announced that their building is being torn down.  The building next door (formerly La Madeline) is looking like it's being set up for demolition as well.  Seems strange since it's a decent building, similar to Full Moon/Crushed Red, and the renovation must have cost some money and was fairly recent.  Anyone know if the La Madeline building is coming down or if they are just doing new extensive renovations?

Interested to find out what is going in there, must be a large project to require demolition of both buildings. 

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #324 on: July 23, 2018, 10:17:17 am »

The La Madeline building looks like a rehab to me, not a tear down, but I have no inside knowledge on the subject.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #325 on: July 23, 2018, 10:28:40 am »

The La Madeline building looks like a rehab to me, not a tear down, but I have no inside knowledge on the subject.

That's what I thought, and there's still a "for lease" sign, but the tear up looks pretty major and I'm starting to worry it's being prepped for a tear down.  Throw in that the Nest has confirmed that their building is being torn down, and I'm worried the whole block is going away.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #326 on: July 23, 2018, 10:41:31 am »

That's what I thought, and there's still a "for lease" sign, but the tear up looks pretty major and I'm starting to worry it's being prepped for a tear down.  Throw in that the Nest has confirmed that their building is being torn down, and I'm worried the whole block is going away.

I was just looking at this on Google streets going back to 2007 and it looks like in the last 11 years a lot of remodeling has been done to these two buildings. Could it be that with all of the changes before 2007 and those since, that the cost of a new remodel and bringing it up to code exceeds the cost of building new?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2018, 09:33:03 am »

In addition to the mystery surrounding the Nest/La Madeleine building does anyone have any updates on the following Cherry Street projects?

1. Doe's Eat Place/D'Vina - lots of work has been happening but not sure what is going in there and what their plans are for the outdoor patio space
2. Streetscape - are there any plans to enhance the streetscape along 15th widening the sidewalks, adding new curbs and planters/trees where they have the pavement markings?  I thought that was something the city was discussing

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2018, 09:05:44 am »

In addition to the mystery surrounding the Nest/La Madeleine building does anyone have any updates on the following Cherry Street projects?

1. Doe's Eat Place/D'Vina - lots of work has been happening but not sure what is going in there and what their plans are for the outdoor patio space
2. Streetscape - are there any plans to enhance the streetscape along 15th widening the sidewalks, adding new curbs and planters/trees where they have the pavement markings?  I thought that was something the city was discussing

1.  The Nest announced that when their building goes down they will temporarily be in the dry cleaner spot across the street and will eventually move into the Does Eat Place/D'Vina spot.  I guess that's why they tore out the patio, since it won't be a restaurant anymore.

2.  Cherry Street is still on the list for major redo.  I attended a meeting a while back with the plans.  They said that the north-south streets (Lewis, Utica) were first.  They've gotten a lot done but are still working.  I think Cherry Street is still a long way off to its rehaul.  I think I also heard that the farmer's market would move to 11th and Lewis, in front of Mother Road Market.  Possibly permanently.  I haven't heard anything in a while on that issue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Dqzlhdnu6jV3hJMDJDLU56ZWc
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2018, 11:00:55 am »

Please God No Acorns (over 1000 Lumens). 

The Blue Dome lights look nice, would like to see us get away from the cold-blue welding-torch look of early LEDs.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org