A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:08:24 pm
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351692 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2017, 02:20:27 pm »

They need a new urban store prototype for sections of cities like this.

An urban store would be out of place in this little suburban oasis.
City of Tulsa needs to enforce overlays to prevent sprawling Office Depot, Walgreens, Reasors type development in what could/should be a walkable urban area
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2017, 02:33:46 pm »

City of Tulsa needs to enforce overlays to prevent sprawling Office Depot, Walgreens, Reasors type development in what could/should be a walkable urban area

I agree this location is pointless, but 11th and Utica would have been a good place for a new urban format. A replacement for 36th and Peoria store too.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2017, 03:09:02 pm »

The south parking lot of the Office Despot across the street is always empty and unused.
If im looking at the drawing correctly, some homes along Lewis would be demolished for the new QT.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »

The south parking lot of the Office Despot across the street is always empty and unused.

Yup

If im looking at the drawing correctly, some homes along Lewis would be demolished for the new QT.

3 businesses (former homes)
(their ghosts are on the siteplan)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2017, 04:16:44 pm »

Yes it was a QT before Bill & Ruths.  I dont expect to hear why QT abandoned it in the first place, but maybe they now see the removal of the "Lil Reasors" gas station across the street as creating a gasoline desert.

I hope this isnt going to be another fight to get QT to obey lighting ordinances like 21st & Harvard was, but they seem to have gotten the message with the big Type III just built at 41st & Memorial.

I think this may have been a U-Tote-Em or Git-N-Go unless I'm confusing this space with the one Duffy's is in now.  I just don't recall when this was ever a QT.  I can remember a liquor store being in there in high school.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2017, 04:21:22 pm »

I looked at Office Depot on Google Earth the other day and the only thing I can see the south lot would be used for is their loading dock.

We can grumble about QT all we want and needing an urban design, but their business model is very auto-centric at its core.  I mean they are the leading gasoline retailer in the Tulsa market.  I've never seen anything wrong with the design of 41st & Sheridan or 21st & Harvard and I think those are a good compromise (as long as the lighting meets Patric's approval  Wink ).  These 80,000 square foot lots like they have at 11th & Utica are excessive, that's more like a truck stop.

I just had a memory from a visit to London 30+ years ago.  You couldn't find a gas station very easily.  They seemed to be a bit out of the way compared to what we are used to in a place that grew up with cars like Tulsa.  But we sure like our sprawl, don't we?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:23:03 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2017, 07:02:12 pm »

Sucks but...O well...Not smile you can do about it...

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2017, 08:02:54 pm »

I think this may have been a U-Tote-Em or Git-N-Go unless I'm confusing this space with the one Duffy's is in now.  I just don't recall when this was ever a QT.  I can remember a liquor store being in there in high school.
Bill and Ruth's was QT store #15, original style. Probably like a 4 pumper. Probably closed due to the small size and kept closed when the station across the street opened.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2017, 08:36:53 pm »

Bill and Ruth's was QT store #15, original style. Probably like a 4 pumper. Probably closed due to the small size and kept closed when the station across the street opened.

Okay, I did confuse that with the former inhabitant of Duffy’s.  Now that you mention the four pump layout that sounds about right for the lot size.

Bumby
Activist

« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2017, 10:01:04 pm »

According to my trusty 1971 Tulsa phone book, QuikTrip #15 was located at 3114 E Pine.  Duffy's was indeed a U-Totem, I stopped there on the way to my after school job.  There are no QuikTrips listed on 15th at all in the phone book and there is a Lamb's Phillips 66 listed at 1501 S Lewis.  Seems to me U-Totem moved to the corner and was eventually bought out by Circle K.  There is a Circle K listed at 1509 S Lewis in the 1989 phone book.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2018, 01:08:08 pm »

Society, a burger restaurant by Rib Crib, to open on Cherry Street in mid June

The burger joint under the Rib Crib umbrella will highlight local products

Society, a new hamburger restaurant under the Rib Crib umbrella, is scheduled to open in mid-June, according to a company spokesperson.

Society will be at 1419 E. 15th St. next to Hideaway Pizza in space that formerly held a Quiznos.

“It will be our take on a classic burger joint,” said spokesman Garrett Mills. “Of course, the focus will be on burgers, but we also will have sandwiches, salads, appetizers and sides. There also will be a big emphasis on the bar.”

Mills said it will be a full-service bar with 16 beer taps that will feature all local beers.

“Society is all about highlighting the work of fellow Tulsans,” Mills said. “We will use Rose Rock Microcreamery for our shakes, Pancho Anaya for our buns and Walke Brothers in Claremore for our meats.”

Society will be open for lunch and dinner seven days a week.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/blogs/restaurants/society-a-burger-restaurant-by-rib-crib-to-open-on/article_731f8008-3d15-50a3-adc7-4b9d0bcfc182.html
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2018, 02:21:16 pm »

Okay, I did confuse that with the former inhabitant of Duffy’s.  Now that you mention the four pump layout that sounds about right for the lot size.

Resurrecting the 4-pump service at that location would have been completely acceptable and likely met with no resistance, but these days QT is The Borg.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2018, 12:28:44 pm »

Society Burger opens Monday.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/blogs/restaurants/table-talk-society-a-new-burger-restaurant-to-open-monday/article_4de6a8e8-7ae5-54c7-b8cc-cbc4696aa222.html
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2018, 02:37:36 pm »

It appears that Andolini's is working on something new next to their Cherry Street Pizza location, and across from their recently opened STG Gelateria. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2018, 05:10:33 pm »

Rib Crib umbrella... that ought to immediately make it just so-so.   No doubt will give it a try, but I certainly don't expect much.

We did renew our acquaintance with Hank's last weekend!!   It is still amazing as always!   Have been distracted by Ron's and Lot-A-Burger for a long time, but Ron's changed their french fries - at least at 2 of them we go to - and it just ain't the same.  Still massive, but flavor is different and not as good. 

We can live with 'lesser' fries for a better burger.  Hank's is it.  Ron's is tied for 2nd with Lot-A

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org