A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:53 am
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351630 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #270 on: August 29, 2017, 10:00:34 am »

Ironic that it is at this intersection...

https://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2017/5/26/stop-shoehorning-suburbia-into-walkable-places

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #271 on: August 29, 2017, 10:47:21 am »

#RESIST
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2017, 10:47:25 am »

This seems like a woefully small intersection to handle the sort of traffic this will draw.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2017, 10:52:00 am »

This seems like a woefully small intersection to handle the sort of traffic this will draw.

That was actually my first thought. Are left turns allowed off 15th at Lewis?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2017, 10:54:56 am »

That was actually my first thought. Are left turns allowed off 15th at Lewis?

There are restricted lefts in both directions during certain hours which most people ignore anyhow.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2017, 11:01:13 am »

Ironic that it is at this intersection...

Was this Bill & Ruth's originally a QT?  
I work 1 block away.   That intersection is woefully not pedestrian friendly.
It's a crapshoot whether or not each corner has a cross button to get to your destination corner.
I usually just walk down to 16th or so and jaywalk.   It's safer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:06:29 am by BKDotCom » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2017, 11:34:20 am »

Table Talk: Nola's Creole and Cocktails to open on Cherry Street in the fall

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/restaurants/table-talk-nola-s-creole-and-cocktails-to-open-on/article_61c760fc-55d1-5ce9-a81f-d6d837bfd3ad.html

Nola’s Creole and Cocktails is scheduled to open this fall on Cherry Street, according to its website.

“Nola’s brings the great tastes of New Orleans to Cherry Street,” it says on the website.

It will be in the former Gray Snail Saloon space at 1334 E. 15th St.

A menu on the website lists a variety of “small plates,” including seared foie gras terrine ($17), roasted Gulf shrimp ($11), cheese board ($16), boudin balls ($6), cracklins ($8) and daily sausage ($6). A dinner menu was not posted yet.

It will be open for lunch from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and dinner from 5-10 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday and 5-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday, according to the website. http://nolastulsa.com/
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2017, 11:34:43 am »

It's a crapshoot whether or not each corner has a cross button to get to your destination corner.

Yeah, I gotta think that intersection is already a complete lost cause with the other three corners being a suburban style Reasors, Staples and Walgreens. The two main buildings they are taking out are an ugly strip mall and a former convenience store.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2017, 12:20:07 pm »

Yes it was a QT before Bill & Ruths.  I dont expect to hear why QT abandoned it in the first place, but maybe they now see the removal of the "Lil Reasors" gas station across the street as creating a gasoline desert.

I hope this isnt going to be another fight to get QT to obey lighting ordinances like 21st & Harvard was, but they seem to have gotten the message with the big Type III just built at 41st & Memorial.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2017, 12:25:39 pm »

But instead of improving the area, this is a further step away from density, urban, or walkable...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2017, 12:36:33 pm »

But instead of improving the area, this is a further step away from density, urban, or walkable...

If it's not broke nobody complains, why fix it?
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2017, 01:13:56 pm »

Most (read most likely everyone) in the neighborhood drives to work. Gas stations, while ugly, are good business in neighborhoods like that. Even in the heart of Cherry Street, unless you work in one of those shops/restaurants, your tail is driving to work too.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2017, 01:34:25 pm »

This intersection may be a lost cause as it is, but a QT will make it significantly worse in every way imaginable.

As for the streets themselves, I doubt they can handle the increased traffic.  15th is no left turn anytime in the east bound lanes, and prohibited during morning and evening rush hours in the west bound lanes.

QT may be a great place to work and a good corporate citizen in many respects, but it is not doing anything positive in mid-town with its giant suburban footprint.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2017, 01:54:31 pm »

This intersection may be a lost cause as it is, but a QT will make it significantly worse in every way imaginable.

As for the streets themselves, I doubt they can handle the increased traffic.  15th is no left turn anytime in the east bound lanes, and prohibited during morning and evening rush hours in the west bound lanes.

QT may be a great place to work and a good corporate citizen in many respects, but it is not doing anything positive in mid-town with its giant suburban footprint.

They need a new urban store prototype for sections of cities like this.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2017, 02:11:19 pm »

15th is no left turn anytime in the east bound lanes, and prohibited during morning and evening rush hours in the west bound lanes.

Lucky for QT:
heading east: they'd be accessed by going straight... no left hand turn required
heading west:  the property stretches a block east of the intersection.    no need to turn left at the light - turn left into QT or Lewis Pl.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:30:34 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org