A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:35:12 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351664 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2015, 10:12:20 am »

S & B looks interesting - there is one close to my central OK traffic pattern....may have to try it out.

ah... I read the url as as Sand Burgers.   Did not sound good
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2015, 01:04:25 pm »

I love the S&B in OKC! I think it would do very well in Midtown or Downtown Tulsa.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2015, 03:15:32 pm »

I had trouble getting a table at smoke on a tuesday

Not surprising.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2015, 03:15:57 pm »

ah... I read the url as as Sand Burgers.   Did not sound good

Better than shitburgers!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2015, 04:45:36 pm »

Looks like Full Moon isn't opening back up.  They said initially that they were renovating, but I read this morning that they are auctioning off all their equipment.  The pianos were fun and the outdoor patio was neat, but the food was bad and the beer selection was lean.  "World famous" tortilla soup?  More like Pace picante sauce and milk.  It was terrible.  The brunch was about all that was worth eating there.  And the limited beer selection just wasn't keeping up with the times. 

I learned recently that Cherry Street has some of the highest rent in Tulsa so I can't imagine it'll be vacant for too long.  Hopefully something neat and innovative opens up.  Would prefer something local but if its a chain hopefully it's something unique and urban and not a Jimmy Johns or something lame.  The patio alone should have people interested.

Auctioning off the equipment is not necessarily incompatible with a renovation.  (FWIW, their website still says it's "temporarily closed for construction")

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2015, 05:13:58 pm »

Auctioning off the equipment is not necessarily incompatible with a renovation.  (FWIW, their website still says it's "temporarily closed for construction")

Based on pics from the auction site, better to start over with the equipment. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2015, 08:03:15 am »

I love the S&B in OKC! I think it would do very well in Midtown or Downtown Tulsa.

That settles it... I am gonna try to get there later today!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2015, 10:01:50 am »

I learned recently that Cherry Street has some of the highest rent in Tulsa so I can't imagine it'll be vacant for too long.  Hopefully something neat and innovative opens up.  Would prefer something local but if its a chain hopefully it's something unique and urban and not a Jimmy Johns or something lame.  The patio alone should have people interested.

Yes, new construction approaches $40/sq ft triple net in the Cherry Street corridor.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2015, 11:38:52 am »

Full Moon is a corner lot.  Is the lot large enough for a QT?

Is there anything keeping QT/Kum & Go from building there?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2015, 12:22:56 pm »

Full Moon is a corner lot.  Is the lot large enough for a QT?

Is there anything keeping QT/Kum & Go from building there?

Lot size would be a problem. Also it doesn't have the traffic count a gas station wants. Finally, why pay a premium for foot traffic when that's not what you are designed for?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2015, 12:38:04 pm »

Lot size would be a problem. Also it doesn't have the traffic count a gas station wants. Finally, why pay a premium for foot traffic when that's not what you are designed for?

I thought of it...my mind said "That would suck" and I posted.

What you said makes sense.  I guess it could be a CVS or cell phone/mattress store.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2015, 03:05:42 pm »

I thought of it...my mind said "That would suck" and I posted.

What you said makes sense.  I guess it could be a CVS or cell phone/mattress store.

California Nails & T-Mobile was what I was hoping for.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2016, 11:43:54 am »

Anyone eat at D'Vina yet?

We walked in around 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon and there was a band setting up outside.

We wandered around the interior of the place for a minute or two looking for employees.  The wife got weirded out and we decided to leave.

The band said "thanks for coming folks" and we walked down to Kilkennys.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: October 11, 2016, 12:35:39 pm »

So - Sax on Cherry Street?

(Old Zanmai)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:11:50 pm by Townsend » Logged
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2016, 10:29:03 am »

There will be a meeting about 15th Street Rehabilitation between Peoria and Lewis (aka, Cherry Street) next Monday, November 21, 6:00 pm, at Christ the King Church.  There also will be a discussion of multi-modal street plans and public transportation.  Cherry Street could be a real jewel if done correctly.  The sidewalks on Cherry Street proper (Peoria to Utica) are wonky and disconnected based on how it developed over time.  Now that it is without question a major attraction, it needs proper streetscaping with wide sidewalks, trees, and protected cross walks.  A bike lane would be awesome too.  We need a good showing of people to say that they walk and bike consistently in that area to convince them to get it right.  Please consider attending.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org