A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:10 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351638 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2013, 02:38:48 pm »

One of the old residential quadplexes across the street from this development was getting a new roof this weekend and looks to have fresh paint on the front.  New or upgraded residential I assume.  There is a similar one next door that could use some upgrading if Cherry Street is going to move in that direction.
davideinstein
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2013, 03:01:43 pm »

Another Lulu?

Yep.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2013, 09:53:48 am »

One of the old residential quadplexes across the street from this development was getting a new roof this weekend and looks to have fresh paint on the front.  New or upgraded residential I assume.  There is a similar one next door that could use some upgrading if Cherry Street is going to move in that direction.

I've heard that the owner of the new Japanese restaurant property also owns the cool old apartments accross the street. The apartment facelift is only to make the patrons of the new construction feel at ease. I bet the life of these apartment buildings is not long term...I'm certain the property owner has other plans for them.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2013, 11:03:46 am »

Yes...LuLu Lemon is going into Centre One.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:29 pm »

I've heard that the owner of the new Japanese restaurant property also owns the cool old apartments accross the street. The apartment facelift is only to make the patrons of the new construction feel at ease. I bet the life of these apartment buildings is not long term...I'm certain the property owner has other plans for them.

Which "cool" old apartments do you mean?  There are three sets of apartment buildings between Palace Cafe & Moore Funeral Home.  All three have different owners.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
davideinstein
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2013, 03:14:35 pm »

Yes...LuLu Lemon is going into Centre One.

Adios to the neat waterfall.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2013, 07:36:01 am »

Rumors are that the Snail is going away (future plans for the location are unknown to me) and White Owl is closing and reopening as a seafood place under the McNellies Group.

Anyone able to confirm?

Sauerkraut, this has little to nothing to do with QT.
davideinstein
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2013, 09:41:02 am »

Rumors are that the Snail is going away (future plans for the location are unknown to me) and White Owl is closing and reopening as a seafood place under the McNellies Group.

Anyone able to confirm?

Sauerkraut, this has little to nothing to do with QT.

Awesome. Both of those places are mediocre.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2013, 12:47:47 pm »

I love the Grey Snail for happy hour.  Not so much after that when the popped collar crowd comes out (unless that's changed).  I like White Owl and I'd hate to see it go.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2013, 11:18:09 am »

Zanmai at 14th & Peoria opening in August. 
http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx/Zanmai_restaurant_scheduled_to_open_in_August/21477

davideinstein
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2013, 07:06:43 pm »

About time! It's been under construction for a while. I think this place will have the best views in town.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2014, 02:35:16 pm »

The former White Owl has new signage.  Will be called "The Pint."  I hope they have a good craft beer selection and good bar food.  Anyone know who is behind the new venture?
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2014, 01:27:14 pm »

An answer to my question from today's Tulsa World.  I'm hoping for good results.  I like the location and like that they have made some changes.  I also like the emphasis on local craft beer.  Lots of good stuff being made locally these days.

Table Talk: The Pint on Cherry Street to open in a few weeks

Story
    Comments

Print
    Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
    Default font size
    Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:24 am

BY SCOTT CHERRY World Scene Writer | 0 comments

Chef Andres Comacho expects to open The Pint on Cherry Street, 1325 E. 15th St., in a few weeks.

“I would like to get open before the end of June,” he said recently while working on final details for the new restaurant-pub. “We will have a varied menu. I hesitate to say upscale, but it will be good, fresh food. We also will have vegetarian and gluten-free choices.”

He said entrees will range from $8.50 to $22.

Comacho, who came to Tulsa about six years ago from Pennsylvania, has worked at Southern Hills Country Club, Bodean Seafood and Trula at the Mayo Hotel.

Most recently he said he spent a year and a half as banquet chef at Southern Hills.

The Pint will be located in space formerly occupied by White Owl. The space has undergone an extensive remodel.

It has new woodwork throughout, new concrete framing around the entrance, new bathrooms and a new bar top. It still has a long bar in the shotgun space on the ground floor and second-level dining upstairs.

“We have created more dining space upstairs where there used to be a pool table,” Comacho said.

Comacho said The Pint will have a full bar and a large selection of Oklahoma craft beers. He also stressed he wants a family friendly ambience.

“We want everyone to be comfortable,” said Comacho, who was trained at Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

The Pint will be open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. seven days a week.

Scott Cherry 918-581-8463

scott.cherry@tulsaworld.com
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2014, 02:58:02 pm »

Sounds intriguing and worth a try.  I wonder if he will have any public epic melt downs with the health inspectors?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2014, 08:04:55 am »

Sounds intriguing and worth a try.  I wonder if he will have any public epic melt downs with the health inspectors?

Is that what happened to White Owl?  I rarely went there but it seemed to do decent business.  I was there once early in its run and there was a bad smell coming from somewhere, like being downwind from a garbage dumpster.  My wife wouldn't let us ever go back.  I always thought it was just a one time thing and we happened to be the wrong table at the wrong time. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org