A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:20:02 am
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 349659 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2019, 07:19:57 am »

One of the best corners in Tulsa with a friggin Mcdonalds and a Long John Silvers. Time for the fast food to go.

Considering that both McDonalds and Whataburger recently renovated, I think fast food is there for a while. Hopefully this corner at least can install something good. There is plenty of parking in the lot next door for whatever type of building or venue that can be built there.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2019, 08:03:46 am »

Considering that both McDonalds and Whataburger recently renovated, I think fast food is there for a while. Hopefully this corner at least can install something good. There is plenty of parking in the lot next door for whatever type of building or venue that can be built there.

I hope so too. That has a lot of potential to cap off Cherry Street. I was surprised that corner was sold for $1 million 11 years ago! It seems that's the normal value for commercial real estate for chains. I'm guessing LJS/A&W paid great rent and had long term lease set up. Either way, seems like an expensive decision to close it down.

With the standard chain pricing and the way people flock to them habitually, it's no wonder most chain places stay that forever. Extremely expensive to buy, and far more to demolish and make something else. It's like with the QT at 15th and Lewis... Those other buildings, cottages and potential for making that corner walkable are basically lost forever as are the 3 other corners there. 15th and Peoria really has just 1 good corner left.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2019, 08:48:32 am »

Killer location right there, especially if you built a new building and added rooftop seating.  

Like the building to the north that has been mostly vacant for 3 years?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2019, 10:19:53 am »

15th and Peoria really has just 1 good corner left.

I would put the SE corner as having the potential to be better if the parking lots in front of Chimi's/Jason's Deli are redeveloped.

The old Zanmai building is an odd space and is just far enough off of 15th.  This will potentially have a much better presence if they do it right.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2019, 03:58:31 pm »

New development planned for the 18th & Boston area located just north of 18th along the Midland Valley trail.  Looks like restaurant and/or retail space.  Currently a parking lot.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2019, 04:02:54 pm »

That looks pretty incredible. Is there a link or is this just floating around somewhere in concept?
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2019, 04:44:25 pm »

New development planned for the 18th & Boston area located just north of 18th along the Midland Valley trail.  Looks like restaurant and/or retail space.  Currently a parking lot.

Nice!!!
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2019, 04:45:51 pm »

That looks pretty incredible. Is there a link or is this just floating around somewhere in concept?

Posted on the Facebook pages for Lilly Architects and Fox+Allen.

ELG4America
Activist

« Reply #383 on: April 03, 2019, 07:28:14 am »

I love this concept. Properly executed it could be one of the best new developments in years.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2019, 10:45:00 am »

There is a lot of potential opportunities with the Midland Valley trail now that the Gathering Place anchors the south end, and will eventually cross the river at the new pedestrian bridge.  The KATY Trail in Dallas has capitalized on this with mixed-use developments along the trail where it crosses through Uptown.  

Something I've always thought about is how cool would it be if the MV trail connected to the Cincinnati flyover at Maple Park with a protected two-way bike lane along the west side of Cincinnati through downtown all the way up to OSU.  That would provide a direct bike connection from downtown to the Gathering Place and river trails. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:46:59 am by SXSW » Logged

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2019, 11:10:09 am »

This is very interesting.  There has been a lot of low profile redevelopment going on along Boston.  With the recent departures of Double Shot and the Wine Bar, however, the corner of 18th & Boston needs a real boost to reach critical mass. 
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2019, 11:18:25 am »

With the recent departures of Double Shot and the Wine Bar, however, the corner of 18th & Boston needs a real boost to reach critical mass. 

Unless something has changed recently, that may be an issue with the property owner.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2019, 12:52:45 pm »

This is very interesting.  There has been a lot of low profile redevelopment going on along Boston.  With the recent departures of Double Shot and the Wine Bar, however, the corner of 18th & Boston needs a real boost to reach critical mass. 

I agree, BurnCo and Dalessandro’s are still good anchors but it would be good to see some other options fill those holes.  Before downtown development really took off this was a pretty lively nightlife district.  I would love to see the old Louisiane building get redeveloped which also could have a trail-front patio component on the south side of 18th. 

The whole Riverview area is a gem because of its close proximity to downtown and the river, and surrounded on two sides by Maple Ridge.  It has a more residential feel but needs the commercial area around 18th & Boston to grow before large-scale infill will occur on the nearby parking lots.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #388 on: April 03, 2019, 12:56:02 pm »

Unless something has changed recently, that may be an issue with the property owner.

I've heard these rumors. Is the owner asking too much for rent? Why is it seemingly so difficult to get tenants in their quickly?
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #389 on: April 03, 2019, 12:56:19 pm »

Fantastic proposal. Really hope it becomes reality though. Seems like a lot of cool proposals have been thrown out there, but they take forever to get off the ground if they ever do. Something about this seems too nice and progressive to actually happen in Tulsa at this point, unless someone rams it through development.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org