A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:15:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 349641 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #360 on: November 06, 2018, 12:47:34 pm »

I see the striped areas along the street where they altered the parking a few years ago and wish the city would come back and actually put in a streetscape.  Everything currently outside of a few blocks is really disjointed from a pedestrian standpoint.  New sidewalks, landscaped planters, street trees, etc would be a huge improvement.  There also needs to be a way to slow down traffic on 15th, possibly a light at St Louis and better pedestrian crossings at Quaker, Quincy, Rockford, Trenton and Troost.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #361 on: November 06, 2018, 11:45:53 pm »

I see the striped areas along the street where they altered the parking a few years ago and wish the city would come back and actually put in a streetscape.  Everything currently outside of a few blocks is really disjointed from a pedestrian standpoint.  New sidewalks, landscaped planters, street trees, etc would be a huge improvement.  There also needs to be a way to slow down traffic on 15th, possibly a light at St Louis and better pedestrian crossings at Quaker, Quincy, Rockford, Trenton and Troost.

We witnessed a car flip up on its side outside SMOKE a couple of years ago.  Driver just wasn't paying attention, hit a parked car and flipped going at least 35-40.  Damn fortunate there wasn't anyone crossing the street at the time.  For being such a pedestrian district there's not much to calm the traffic along there or at least any efforts at it appear to have failed. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2018, 08:24:55 am »

We witnessed a car flip up on its side outside SMOKE a couple of years ago.  Driver just wasn't paying attention, hit a parked car and flipped going at least 35-40.  Damn fortunate there wasn't anyone crossing the street at the time.  For being such a pedestrian district there's not much to calm the traffic along there or at least any efforts at it appear to have failed. 

Like I have said before - shut it down to automobile traffic.  Cover it.  Redirect traffic.  Do what Las Vegas did with Fremont Street!!  Now, THAT was some forward thinking action - the place is so much better for it.!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
kingsy
Citizen

« Reply #363 on: November 07, 2018, 01:28:00 pm »

We were at Drake's one night many years ago and a motorcycle leaving the Full Moon decided to try to pass a car on the right, not seeing the truck parked by the curb.  Hit it so hard the truck went up onto the sidewalk.  Luckily he survived.  It'd be great if there was more parking just to block off the street at night/weekends.  People still like to drive to the storefront in Oklahoma though.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2018, 01:01:55 pm »

Noticed construction work has started at 15th & Columbia, what is going in there?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #365 on: November 21, 2018, 01:32:43 pm »

Noticed construction work has started at 15th & Columbia, what is going in there?

Bill and Ruth's subs is going in either there or a lot a block away... I lost track.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #366 on: November 24, 2018, 10:02:52 pm »

Bill and Ruth's subs is going in either there or a lot a block away... I lost track.

Oh right because they are being kicked out at 15th & Lewis.  Hopefully whatever they build faces the sidewalk like the building that used to be there.  Lots of potential along 15th from the BA to Harvard but not if it’s typical auto-oriented crap being built all over Tulsa.  Still pissed about what is happening at 15th & Lewis..

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #367 on: November 25, 2018, 09:30:52 am »

We were at Drake's one night many years ago and a motorcycle leaving the Full Moon decided to try to pass a car on the right, not seeing the truck parked by the curb.  Hit it so hard the truck went up onto the sidewalk.  Luckily he survived.  It'd be great if there was more parking just to block off the street at night/weekends.  People still like to drive to the storefront in Oklahoma though.

Maybe 'luckily' he survived...does society really need that special kind of stupid in the gene pool -possibly breeding??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #368 on: December 18, 2018, 04:21:46 pm »

They have started grading the site for the new Bill & Ruth's at 15th & Columbia.  I looked on the TMAPC website and couldn't find any info on the new building though.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #369 on: March 02, 2019, 04:32:07 pm »

New urban apartments starting construction by Centennial Park (next to the Brownstones) at 7th & Owasso.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/construction-begins-on-new-apartments-in-pearl-district-in-downtown-tulsa

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2019, 09:18:59 am »

New urban apartments starting construction by Centennial Park (next to the Brownstones) at 7th & Owasso.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/construction-begins-on-new-apartments-in-pearl-district-in-downtown-tulsa

That's good news! This should probably be in the Pearl District thread or thread about these townhomes (http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21159.0). (Edit: I see title includes all of midtown). Thanks for posting!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:21:54 am by TulsaGoldenHurriCAN » Logged
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #371 on: March 11, 2019, 02:20:30 pm »

Cherry Street

NW corner of 15th and Peoria has had a Long John Silvers / A&W fast food combo store for a while. They are now closed. No details in the World on what comes next. Anyone here heard rumors?

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/a-w-long-john-silver-s-restaurant-on-peoria-avenue/article_08b64c07-536d-5cde-8d23-631b37a16479.html?fbclid=IwAR0NjEL3L_wBdJWvXu6FSKGAcxCa8k-TYmrm5GF34eSjP6-o42ZV81e2sBM

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #372 on: March 11, 2019, 02:31:12 pm »

I would think this is a good thing.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2019, 08:31:50 pm »

Killer location right there, especially if you built a new building and added rooftop seating.  

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:44 pm »

Killer location right there, especially if you built a new building and added rooftop seating.  

One of the best corners in Tulsa with a friggin Mcdonalds and a Long John Silvers. Time for the fast food to go.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org