A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:27 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351632 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 08:08:09 pm »

Agree, not sure what the timetable is though.  As cool as it would be to have a canal run down 6th I would rather just see a streetscape so work can get started.  It would be great to see this streetscape extend all the way to Delaware.  2 lanes the whole way with wider sidewalks, street trees, new lighting, and bike lanes in each direction going from TU to downtown (ending at 7th/Houston).  The Pearl district does have a lot of potential but a lot of that hinges upon the flooding/stormwater issues addressed and the streetscape on 6th.  A streetscape on 11th would help the area too.  I have a thread about that in the Urban Planning subforum, and why I think it should be renamed.

Could you give a link to that thread?

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 09:34:55 pm »

I don't think I would want to see a canal run down 6th. If there were to be one, there would  need to be a TON of thought put into it. If it turned out like the Bricktown Canal, I would be very disappointed. The Bricktown Canal does not feel like it belongs where it is. It feels very planned to me. I don't want a planned feel in the Pearl District.

With that said, I would much rather see a streetscape done in the Pearl District. It could be started faster, and I think it would feel more genuine. Hopefully, whatever the plans are, we will see construction begin soon. A major streetscaping would be a catalyst for the Pearl District.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 10:36:14 pm »

Could you give a link to that thread?

The thread about 11th and TU
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=15765.0

There are lots of threads about the Pearl, here is one about the flood control project
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=12606.0

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 11:09:15 pm »

Thanks
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 11:40:19 pm »

After reading through those threads, I learned a lot of things about the Pearl District. Namely, that it is in a flood plain. I did not realize that the canal would be functional. Also, if it would turn out like the renderings, I would say that it was tastefully done. With this being an idea for flood mitigation, it is really creative. I say let's get some dozers out there soon!

I still think a major streetscaping should be done along with the canal.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 11:41:03 pm »

P.S. Is there a timetable for this project or is it still up in the air?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 02:25:56 pm »

I don't know the status of the Pearl/Elm Creek project, does anyone?  I don't know the status of Blake's project at 6th & Peoria either; he is a TNF poster so maybe he'll stop by and fill us in.  He may know more about the flood control and streetscape projects too.

There are two infill developments currently proposed or underway in the Brookside area.  One is at 32nd & Peoria north of Crow Creek.  I noticed on the minutes from the TMAPC Agenda from Feb 2 for a residential PUD (PUD-782 "Crow Creek Place") at this location.  The zoning is RS-3, which is high density single family residential.  The other is at 41st & Victor (just east of 41st & Utica).  There is a residential development under construction here that appears to be several larger homes.  This is also a green/sustainable development which is awesome.  Here is a video of it http://vimeo.com/10561970

There is also a 4 unit townhome project called "Maple Terrace" proposed at 15th & Norfolk by Cherry Street that was on the TMAPC Agenda .  This is the only article I could find about it http://www.dolanmedia.com/view.cfm?recID=672705

I think we will see a lot more of these types of developments get off the ground this year.  
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:32:20 pm by SXSW » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 02:34:23 pm »

Love these infill projects. My only complaint about them is that they are gated. I think gating gives a false sense of security. It also seems to set certain projects apart from others, not in a good way. Aside from that, I LOVE the townhomes project. They will be great for the Cherry Street area. I espescially like the idea of rooftop patios. Hopefully construction can start soon. Thanks for the updates!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:36:27 pm by ZYX » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 02:52:44 pm »

Love these infill projects. My only complaint about them is that they are gated. I think gating gives a false sense of security. It also seems to set certain projects apart from others, not in a good way. Aside from that, I LOVE the townhomes project. They will be great for the Cherry Street area. I espescially like the idea of rooftop patios. Hopefully construction can start soon. Thanks for the updates!

Place 41 will be gated but I don't think the Crow Creek or Cherry Street projects will be.  The most significant, large-scale infill projects for midtown will be the redevelopment of the Crow Creek apartments at 31st & Riverside, the development of the Blair property at 28th & Riverside, and the development of the H&P property 21st & St. Louis/Utica.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 04:10:02 pm »

and the development of the H&P property 21st & St. Louis/Utica.

Are there actual plans for this to be developed?
waterboy
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 04:11:40 pm »

Place 41 will be gated but I don't think the Crow Creek or Cherry Street projects will be.  The most significant, large-scale infill projects for midtown will be the redevelopment of the Crow Creek apartments at 31st & Riverside, the development of the Blair property at 28th & Riverside, and the development of the H&P property 21st & St. Louis/Utica.

I followed that link. The Cherry Street at Norfolk project is indeed planned as a gated development. And brought to you by one of those guys who builds McMansions next to cottages in our area. Since I don't know of any open lots on that corner I have to assume he'll tear out existing properties to do this. I am not too happy to see that we would consider taking part of Maple Ridge to gate off for more stucco'd, out of character buildings. Same 'ol, same 'ol.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 04:25:40 pm »

I THINK the lot is on the SE corner of the IDL, right next to other McMansions that were probably built by him. I only think he would have to tear down one building, so it's all good right...

Why can't he just build these on an already empty lot on Cherry Street? There are plenty of them. Otherwise, aside from the gates this seems like a decent project.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 04:33:24 pm »

I THINK the lot is on the SE corner of the IDL, right next to other McMansions that were probably built by him. I only think he would have to tear down one building, so it's all good right...

Why can't he just build these on an already empty lot on Cherry Street? There are plenty of them. Otherwise, aside from the gates this seems like a decent project.

I think this is on an empty lot north of 15th on Norfolk, where it dead ends, on the west side of the street.  There is a dentist office in the house adjacent to the south.  They won't have to tear down any houses.  This lot has a great view of downtown and yes it appears to be gated like the neighborhood to the east..

The owner of Landmark Realty and Landmark Construction has a preliminary subdivision plat proposal before the Metropolitan Tulsa Area Planning Commission for separating a 0.42-acre Norfolk Avenue lot into four lots. This would allow for a central driveway into Maple Terrace Townhomes, a gated community of four town houses just north of 15th Street
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:41:14 pm by SXSW » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 04:37:08 pm »

I think we are talking about the same lot, just describing it differently.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 04:48:00 pm »

Are there actual plans for this to be developed?

I have heard H&P has a plan for this property and it includes a hotel/condo tower facing the plaza/fountain (adjacent to the parking garage) but I have no idea if that is true or if there are actual plans in place.  That would be great for Utica Square (which the Helmerich's own) and for St. John across the street.  It would also provide midtown with a full-service hotel, and the views of downtown from that location are fantastic.  Go up to the top of the parking garage sometime and check it out.  I would think the area to the west (east of St. Louis, north of 21st and south of 19th) could be developed into nice townhomes or single family homes.  It's just a random park-like, forested area with a Utica Square maintenance barn as it is, right next to one of the densest 'hoods in Tulsa.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org