A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:31:44 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTW football star signs with TU  (Read 2326 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:54 pm »

BTW's Derrick Alexander commits to Tulsa

Booker T. Washington's Derrick Alexander switched his commitment from Louisiana-Monroe to TU.

By ERIC BAILEY World Sports Writer
Published: 1/30/2011 

Derrick Alexander, the Tulsa World’s player of the year, shifted his commitment to the University of Tulsa on Sunday. Alexander, a defensive lineman, said academics and the opportunity to play close to home were key reasons when he decommitted from Louisiana-Monroe.

“It’s exciting,” said Alexander, who starred at Booker T. Washington. “I have an opportunity to stay in Tulsa and keep my talents at home and show that Tulsa has good football here.” TU also received verbal commitments from Hennessey defensive lineman Derrick Luetjen and Westfield (Texas) defensive back Darrell Williams on Sunday following the final weekend of on-campus visits.

Alexander (6-3, 263 pounds) helped lead the Hornets to a state championship. He had 151 tackles and 14 sacks last year and had double-digit stops in a dozen game.
Alexander informed Louisiana-Monroe coaches on Sunday afternoon that he had changed his mind.

“It was a difficult call when you commit to their school and then tell them you are leaving,” he said. “Their coaches took it really well. Those guys are really nice and do a good job. I just had a change of heart.” Alexander said that he’s glad the recruiting process will end with Wednesday’s signing day. “This has been really stressful,” he said. “You start off and it’s all good and then you get down to times like this and it’s warp speed and you have to make a decision for where you want to be for the next four years. “I’m glad it is almost over.”

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/TU/article.aspx?subjectid=94&articleid=20110130_94_0_Derric927513

Power is nothing till you use it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 08:33:48 pm »

I went to four of the BTW games this year. This guy was a beast.

He dominated every play.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org